• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Hey Guy,

I was at the local work-one office ( unemployment office ) in Richmond the other day and they have a "no guns" sticker on the door and also piece of paper on the door that reads " No weapons of any kind allowed". I thought it quite ironic that they also have a hired Armed Security Guard in the building. Would they not be in violation of this?

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Hey Guy,

I was at the local work-one office ( unemployment office ) in Richmond the other day and they have a "no guns" sticker on the door and also piece of paper on the door that reads " No weapons of any kind allowed". I thought it quite ironic that they also have a hired Armed Security Guard in the building. Would they not be in violation of this?
    I would think that work one, being a state agency, would be exempt. After all, they are not a political subdivision.:dunno:

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Just to put in my .02, I would be very interested in knowing this too.

Also, I notice that Anderson ordinance 87-04 prohibits firearms in the Anderson City Building. I don't think they have a court in there and I don't know if they have repealed or voided the ordinance, or at least I couldn't find anything online. So that's another possibility.

Gowest1995

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    We were in Kirklin two weeks ago at a city park that has softball fields for a doubleheader and there was a sign with the park rules clearly stating no firearms.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The city of Anderson's Rangeline Nature Preserve had a sign that said no guns/bows. I think it is geared toward hunting, but it could apply to normal carry. I looked at the city's website and could not find the rules listed.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    France park in Logansport still has it on their web site. (scroll down to rules)
    Rates & Rules

Thanks for posting that, I called them awhile ago and they said that the ordinance had been changed and that iirc the signs at the park have been taken down but they didn't know about the website. Guess I'll either have to call them again or perhaps maybe an attorney doing it would be better.

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    Thanks for posting that, I called them awhile ago and they said that the ordinance had been changed and that iirc the signs at the park have been taken down but they didn't know about the website. Guess I'll either have to call them again or perhaps maybe an attorney doing it would be better.

I sent them an email 2 days ago about it but haven't gotten a response. I also looked on the city/county websites and could not find where the ordinance had been changed for France park. (They may not have it updated or I missed it) I did find an ordinance for France park rules and the no firearms rule was still in there.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I sent them an email 2 days ago about it but haven't gotten a response. I also looked on the city/county websites and could not find where the ordinance had been changed for France park. (They may not have it updated or I missed it) I did find an ordttinance for France park rules and the no firearms rule was still in there.

Chances are when a local ordinance is repealed or changed your not going to find it posted online. They will just change it to what the ordinance is now with notice of when the ordinance was changed but not what was changed. I can't find anything in Logansport's ordinances that would prohibit carry of a sidearm in the parks. But listing it on their website would be in violation imo of the law. Can you say class action lawsuit? I'm guessing from your user name you can be affected and I'm close enough and do visit the park so I am also. I'm sure there are several INGOers other than us two that are effected also.

The Spud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hoosier in Exile
    New Haven City Ordinance

CHAPTER 96: PARKS AND PLAYGROUNDS

'96.08 POSSESSING, HANDLING, OR TRANSMITTING WEAPONS

Knowingly possessing, handling, or transmitting any object that can reasonably be considered a weapon on park grounds, or off park grounds, at a sponsored function, is prohibited. Included in the definition of a weapon is any kind of air gun, B.B. gun or pellet gun.

[Ord. G-8-74, passed 6-12-74]

City of New Haven - City Ordinances

Top Bottom