• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mastermayhm069

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Afternoon all, I am not looking necessarily to become an expert or even offer services to others, just for my own enjoyment and knowledge, are there local (Indianapolis) shops or groups where some of this craft can be learned?

Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Afternoon all, I am not looking necessarily to become an expert or even offer services to others, just for my own enjoyment and knowledge, are there local (Indianapolis) shops or groups where some of this craft can be learned?
    Message me...I might be able to help. I'm contemplating either hiring and expanding, or going commercial.

Either way, I'm interested in potential candidates.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Tagging for interest.

AllenM’s 1911 seminar was much fun and informative although not quite a smithing class.

I have assembled a decent collection of smithing tools and add to them as I find them and can afford them, some of which I may never know how to use properly.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Take one of your own guns apart and put it back together, it's a good place to start. Sooner or later you will have to make substantial investments in tools and skill, at that point I pay a pro to do that work.

mastermayhm069

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Message me...I might be able to help. I'm contemplating either hiring and expanding, or going commercial.

Either way, I'm interested in potential candidates.
    for some reason I cannot DM you... obviously I am new on here, so perhaps I dont have those permissions yet?

mastermayhm069

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Tagging for interest.

AllenM’s 1911 seminar was much fun and informative although not quite a smithing class.

I have assembled a decent collection of smithing tools and add to them as I find them and can afford them, some of which I may never know how to use properly.
    :cheers: looking forward to the possibilities

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I hate to say this, but for the AR platform watch Chad's videos, School of the American Gun. He worked under a trained Master Gunsmith Scotty Sharf in Scottys shop in Glen Burnie, Md.
    He's a salesman, that's selling himself, tools and classes.
    He does understand that platform.

mastermayhm069

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    I hate to say this, but for the AR platform watch Chad's videos, School of the American Gun. He worked under a trained Master Gunsmith Scotty Sharf in Scottys shop in Glen Burnie, Md.
    He's a salesman, that's selling himself, tools and classes.
    He does understand that platform.
    to that effect, Youtube has be a fantastic resource, and dailymotion, bc alot of gun videos struggle to survive on YT

Top Bottom