• ...and so much more!
  • USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    If Bill of Rights and ATM are going to Layfette thats were I will be. 2 of my favorite INGOer's, bullets, range time, camping, american history, and bacon. No brianer

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Looks like the event at RileyCC on 25-26 April 2009 is my window of opportunity. Plan accordingly if you want to share the range with me or more importantly if you wish to avoid me! :D

thats when Im going. ;)

Then I might go in July as well.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I need to try to make one this year. I wasn't able to go in 2008. maybe I'll see about the Lafayette one as well.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I'm definitely going to attend this year but Cloverdale or Riley will be my geographical choice unless the Freedom Range becomes available :rockwoot:

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Wabash and Lafayette are about equal distance from me in Logansport, but I know the food is better in Lafayette. Plus I know where the gunshops are in Lafayette. Sounds like Lafayette will be where I'm headed, unless I work that weekend.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    No, but 18 hours is gonna kill me this semester. August, so I definitely have time to fit some in. I'd need a 22 rifle though, only one I have is tube fed.

These should help with those 18 hours, Nate:
    playtexfits.jpg

And FWIW, the guy next to me at the Appleseed I went to in Wabash earned a Rifleman score with a tube-fed .22.

Bottom line? Do what works. A 10/22 will make it easier for you, but .22, .223, 7.62, iron sights or scope... the goal is to get you able to shoot that well with any rack-grade rifle and surplus ammo. They're not training your rifle, they're training you.

I look forward to seeing you there, or at least reading that you earned your patch.

Blessings,
    B

unforgiven1203

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I'll probably do cloverdale in april. It'd be nice to meet some more of you guys, BTW , you guys should attend 1 or 2 of the "mini's" that USAFE7RET puts on. They are an excellent introduction and / or reinforcement of what appleseed is about. I'll be looking to solidify my rifleman status since I barely scraped by with a 211.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    If anyone needs to borrow a 10/22 let us know before an event or at it (before gets you reserved). I have two that I loan out (one is a classic iron sights setup, and the other is scoped).

There are usually several available for any event. Just ask.

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Folks,

I'll have the updated calendar up real soon now...:)
    I think we have 12 confirmed IN dates right now, but probably picked up three new ranges this weekend at the 1500, so that will mean even more dates down the road.
    IITs take note(!)

Thanks to all who stopped by our Appleseed table it was great to put faces and names together. We were so busy I had to run out at noon today and print up another 150 Appleseed Regional flyers, and they were gone by 4.

Hawkhavn

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Folks,

I'll have the updated calendar up real soon now...:)
    I think we have 12 confirmed IN dates right now, but probably picked up three new ranges this weekend at the 1500, so that will mean even more dates down the road.
    IITs take note(!)

Thanks to all who stopped by our Appleseed table it was great to put faces and names together. We were so busy I had to run out at noon today and print up another 150 Appleseed Regional flyers, and they were gone by 4.

Hawkhavn

Hey, sorry I missed you at the 1500, man. I meant to come over and say "hi", but it was so crowded I never made it over there!

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    I'm 90% sure I'll be at the April Riley shoot. Saturday only, though, no skipping church for shooting. Sounds like several of us will be there -- should be fun! We should carpool from Bloomington!

No, but 18 hours is gonna kill me this semester. August, so I definitely have time to fit some in. I'd need a 22 rifle though, only one I have is tube fed.

My only .22 is tube fed, too, but I was planning on using it anyway. From what I read so long as I practice up on loading it quickly it should be ok. I mean...I would think I could keep up with people loading SKSs and Mosins. Is that right, Appleseed folks? I'd rather use my own than borrow a semi-auto if it will work.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yes, tube fed is fine. My girlfriend kept up using a Marlin 39A. If you cant, well, that'd be an easy way to make fun. No, seriously, a detachable magazine is ideal but not required. You should be able to do fine with a tube fed.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Yes, tube fed is fine. My girlfriend kept up using a Marlin 39A. If you cant, well, that'd be an easy way to make fun. No, seriously, a detachable magazine is ideal but not required. You should be able to do fine with a tube fed.

Awesome--thanks. I'm sure my shooting itself will give plenty of occasion to make fun! Actually, it will be interesting to shoot with a bunch of other people and have some objective basis of comparison!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm 90% sure I'll be at the April Riley shoot. Saturday only, though, no skipping church for shooting.

Dude, if you're Catholic, we can go in the late afternoon on Saturday or early evening on Sunday in Terre Haute. If you're not Catholic, we can fix that too. :D

Top Bottom