• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Personaly until a round is chambered, I do not consider a gun loaded. Until you rack the slide, charge the bolt, etc. A revolver is different obviously. That does not mean, to not always treat every gun as if it's loaded. My :twocents:

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    my idea of a loaded weapon is, any firearm that is in any direct contact with any ammo or mag.

example.
    one chambered full mag in gun = loaded
    one chambered no mag in gun = loaded
    none chambered with any ammo in mag that is in gun = loaded
    none chambered no ammo in the mag that is in gun = loaded
    none chambered no mag in gun = safe

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Having spent a substantial amount of money on an attorney, when a CO walked up, well away from ANY hunting area, and promptly checked my loaded in the tube, not in the chamber shotgun. LOADED!

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I am pretty sure that in Illinois even having a gun and ammo in the trunk of a car together is consiered loaded.

edit: I think in Illinois, ammo in the same vicinity as a firearm = loaded.

Holy crap, where do you guys come up with this?

In IL, a gun is loaded if a loaded mag is inserted, ammo in the tube, or in the cylinder. That's not allowed. That's it.

There are no laws pertaining to transport of ammo/loaded mags other than the fact that they can't be in the firearm.

They can even be in the same compartment in the case with the firearm, just not in the magwell.

IL is NOT as screwed up as some of you might think.

EDIT:Just to prove it:
    Illinois State Police: Firearm Owner's Frequently Asked Questions
    If a non-resident is coming to Illinois to hunt and would like to bring their firearm, how do they legally transport it?Non- residents must be legally eligible to possess or acquire firearms and ammunition in their state of residence. It is recommended that, in order to be in compliance with all statutes, non-residents transport all firearms:
    1. Unloaded, and
    2. Enclosed in a case, and
    3. Not immediately accessible or broken down in a nonfunctioning state.
    Is it legal to have ammunition in the case with the firearm?Yes, so long as the firearm is unloaded and properly enclosed in a case.

Last edited:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Personaly until a round is chambered, I do not consider a gun loaded. Until you rack the slide, charge the bolt, etc. A revolver is different obviously. That does not mean, to not always treat every gun as if it's loaded. My :twocents:

I guess there needs to be some kudos for this point of view as well.:yesway:

I'll consider it loaded till I personally check it. Other then that if there is no round in the chamber it isn't loaded. By definition, whether one considers a charged magazine inserted as loaded or chamber status, not all guns are loaded.

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Yes it is.:rolleyes:

No carry, No class 3, FOID card.

While that sucked, at least I didn't have to wait 2.5 months to take pistols out of my house like I did here while I was waiting for my carry license to show up.

BTW, I only lived there for 23 years.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Many on this thread have said it but it's worth saying again and again;

All weapons are always loaded, all the time.

I know that's kind of simplistic and not really the true essence of what you were asking though. So, IMO, if a loaded mag is inserted, a pistol is loaded. For revolvers, a cartridge in the cylinder constitutes loaded status.

sertboy354

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Lafayette, IN
    A it loaded firearm is one a is able to fire a round if the mag is full and nothing in the hole its a gun with a full mag you put one in the pipe then its a loaded gun look at at the indiana crimal code it will give you what you are looking for

Top Bottom