• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock19Dude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've always had mixed answers on this question but I figured I'll ask the question on here:

When is a gun considered "loaded"? Is it having a round in the chamber, or having a full clip in your gun but not a bullet racked into the chamber?

I consider "loaded" as having one in the chamber. Is there a true defintion or is it just personal opinion? What are your thoughts?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I would think "loaded" would mean a full clip/magazine (whichever you prefer) in the weapon. "One in the Chamber" means what it is. Some people carry without one in the chamber, but their gun is still "loaded".

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    A revolver is loaded once one bullet is placed in the wheel and closed. A revolver is loaded once a bullet is charged. I don't think it matters if the magazine is in the well or not.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My thoughts? When a loaded magazine is inserted, or a live round is inserted (revolver or single-fire).

Legally, I think the same applies. Though, some folks have been "prosecuted" for just having live ammo and no firearm. As if the ammo itself was enough.

In practice, they are always loaded until I have personally cleared it.

edit: I think in Illinois, ammo in the same vicinity as a firearm = loaded.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I've always had mixed answers on this question but I figured I'll ask the question on here:

When is a gun considered "loaded"? Is it having a round in the chamber, or having a full clip in your gun but not a bullet racked into the chamber?

I consider "loaded" as having one in the chamber. Is there a true defintion or is it just personal opinion? What are your thoughts?

Always.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    On another slant....In my opinion any weapon is loaded until I check it to verify that it is not loaded....and to echo Scutter...any round anywhere in any gun is loaded:)

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    On another slant....In my opinion any weapon is loaded until I check it to verify that it is not loaded....and to echo Scutter...any round anywhere in any gun is loaded:)
    My bad,,,I meant shooter,,,,but don't feel bad. I was the first one to note that "all guns are loaded" but got no credit by the subsequent posters and cudos givers...

apologies To Shooter....:rockwoot:

Top Bottom