• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    I respect you for A) trying out another gun besides a 1911 (you strike me as a die-hard 1911 guy) B) having the balls to do that much work to a gun and C) having such a open mind...

But damn it, Glocks are ugly.

Thanks man!!

A - You're 100% right. Grew up with a 1911 in my hand, no plans on giving that up anytime soon...
    B - I carve duck decoys, I figured if I can take a square hunk of wood and find a duck inside it, surely I can cut and shape a glock without f'ing it up too bad ... LOL
    C - Never really had any hatred toward the glock, they just did not point right, nor feel right to me. No one can deny they are work horses. and year, fricking ugly !!!

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Well done! Now it's "perfect-er".

Little Kydex trick I've learned, wrap a piece of masking tape around the mag where the notches are for the mag release. It dulls the angle so you still get decent retention without the possibility of locking the mag in the pouch. (I had to drill the rivets on my first mag pouch to get the mag out). I'm not sure on the gauge of kydex you used, but it looks like it goes pretty deep in the notch. Also, it looks like the mag was empty when you molded it... That could be a problem.

That mag in the pic may be empty, but I used one loaded with dummy rounds when moulding. That's .080 on the back portion at a slightly cooler temp than the .060 on the front. Worked out like a champ.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Dammit, I NEED to try out a Glock with no finger grooves.....

Luckily for you they used to come that way!

I7A8tAi.jpg

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Im in love. I have to do one up like this. I WAS going to buy an FDE 19 this week but Im rethinking that now... How much did you take off the bottom?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for not stippling the "beavertail" on your Glock... I cringe whenever someone sells a Glock they "had professionally stippled" (AKA, hot iron at home and looks like crap) when I see it stippled all the way up there. 50 rounds, no problem. 250 round range session, hamburger hands...

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    I love Glocks for the record! I really admire the ability to modify to personal liking. If I attempted it would turn out bad. I will just stay happy with stock and have Glock envy! Very nice job.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for not stippling the "beavertail" on your Glock... I cringe whenever someone sells a Glock they "had professionally stippled" (AKA, hot iron at home and looks like crap) when I see it stippled all the way up there. 50 rounds, no problem. 250 round range session, hamburger hands...

Yeah, no kiddin. Usually people are doing stuff just to do it, with no basis in what happens when you REALLY use your gear.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN

When I was an FFL I stippled MANY glocks. I would consider my stippling professional as it all looked pretty durn good. I always explained this to the customer but left it up to them ultimately. MANY if not most still wanted that stippled. So before you go saying that if its stippled all the way up the beaver tail it wasn't done proffesionally you may want to withhold SOME judgement.

Top Bottom