• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Aww.... man. I wasn't gonna read that thread. Sorta figured the 24/7 media barrage was enough. Now I gots to.

You don't, really. I figured it was the advocating political violence thing that got him, given the Trump/noose photo he posted elsewhere. Nothing in that thread seemed to really be an explosion. More of a straw/camel back thing I suppose.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Did not know until just now that RK Hurst (HamBeans) is an Indianapolis company... been making their 15-bean variety on New Year's Day for at least the past 20 years.... with the left over Christmas ham and ham bone for a good stock.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We love the 15 bean soup! I need to do that soon. I have a couple of hambones hanging out in the freezer.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Did not know until just now that RK Hurst (HamBeans) is an Indianapolis company... been making their 15-bean variety on New Year's Day for at least the past 20 years.... with the left over Christmas ham and ham bone for a good stock.
    IIRC their building used to be about where Lucas Oil Stadium is now. Their 15 bean mix is all I ever use for my ham 'n beans. I used to get their cajun flavored mix but I haven't seen it in awhile at Kroger.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Doing pot roast today but tomorrow will be ham n beans with cornbread. Suppose to get into the negative temps up here tomorrow evening/night

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ham and bean soup is awesome. We chose another route this time and made split pea soup with the leftover ham bone from Christmas. Another favorite.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I've gotta say that I look forward to this meal every bit as much as the Thanksgiving Turkey and Christmas ham (and some awesome sides and fixin's the wife makes).

I make a big pot (double recipe) and freeze a couple quarts so we can have it when everything is frozen outside.

Wishing you all a happy, healthy and prosperous 2022!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom