KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have the utmost faith in our staff. Now where’s my cookie. You promised me a cookie if I said something nice damnit.
    Cookies? Those are like in your browser history or something, man. I don't know how any of that works, but Texkev does. BU-WA-HAHAHAHHA!!!

Now I want a snickerdoodle...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    With this poster being in another state. I don't understand why getting to the magic 50 could be a benefit. There might be numerous firearms that might be illegal in MA, and even an FFL couldn't transfer. I don't know what their laws are. I just know they are not 2A friendly. Plus, someone willing to sale to her even.
    Hey, women work for the FBI too.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Hey, women work for the FBI too.
    That's not where I was going with that. It's just the fact she is out of state and with that it would make it difficult even going thru and ffl or someone on here just wouldn't sale to her. I'm not understanding why it was important to her to get the 50 real quick.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That's not where I was going with that. It's just the fact she is out of state and with that it would make it difficult even going thru and ffl or someone on here just wouldn't sale to her. I'm not understanding why it was important to her to get the 50 real quick.
    There are non FFL items in the classies and people ship all the time.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I learned of Massholes when we were in Portland Maine. Stopped in a little shop by the waterfront that was mostly empty and chatted with the owner. He had told us he saw us walk in and just knew he was dealing with another Bostoner "on holiday". Then he heard us talking and realized we didn't have that retarded Boston accent and that was when he started a conversation. Super nice guy, but apparently all summer long MA folks go up there and act like they own the place and everyone not from the greater Boston area should bow down to them. I told him we're lucky, we only have Chiraq idiots to deal with being a flyover state. That was a great day.

Wicked.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I remember that dog pile.

And that's one of the reason I'd like to see what happens, before making accusations.
    Wanting n00bs to be cut some slack?

I had to go back and check. Weren't you the guy who used to advise n00bs to develop a thick skin in his sig line

I see all that is gone now. Who are you and what have you done with the real Act?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Wanting n00bs to be cut some slack?

I had to go back and check. Weren't you the guy who used to advise n00bs to develop a thick skin in his sig line

I see all that is gone now. Who are you and what have you done with the real Act?

I had to go back and see if that was still in my sig.
    It is, but it kinda blends in with the rest.
    Maybe I need to do something about it.

I believe in giving noobs a chance.
    And I believe they need a thick skin.
    They are not mutually exclusive.
    :)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I had to go back and see if that was still in my sig.
    It is, but it kinda blends in with the rest.
    Maybe I need to do something about it.

I believe in giving noobs a chance.
    And I believe they need a thick skin.
    They are not mutually exclusive.
    :)
    The day to day banter can require a think skin. The accusing every new member that posts a lot or posts a short message of being a runner gets old. If you suspect, report it and move on. Too often people are wrong and just end up alienating the person they are accusing.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The day to day banter can require a think skin. The accusing every new member that posts a lot or posts a short message of being a runner gets old. If you suspect, report it and move on. Too often people are wrong and just end up alienating the person they are accusing.
    Listening to people whine because others notice a potential runner gets old too. No matter how verbose the posts, if I look at new posts and 16-18 of the twenty on the page are one individual that joined 4 hours ago I will report it and bring it up in the shooter thread.

I was the first to mention this most recent runner after I had interaction with the poster who admitted in a reply they were going for 50. So I was correct. If you do not like these discussions you can just bypass them…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I read a number of those posts at the time, and they appeared to be more than just one liners so I didn't mention it.

It was only after I saw that their main goal was to access the classifieds it prompted me to make a comment about not caring enough about the community aspect to even take the time to post an Intro in the Intro/Greeting thread.

I do know that none of that is required, and they didn't break the rules but like I said maybe they would have fared better if they had introduced themself. at least with me. That was the only issue that I had personally.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Listening to people whine because others notice a potential runner gets old too. No matter how verbose the posts, if I look at new posts and 16-18 of the twenty on the page are one individual that joined 4 hours ago I will report it and bring it up in the shooter thread.

I was the first to mention this most recent runner after I had interaction with the poster who admitted in a reply they were going for 50. So I was correct. If you do not like these discussions you can just bypass them…
    Nah. I prefer to point out people being schmucks. There was absolutely no reason to do that. This thread was supposed to be about people that had been banned, not people you think should be.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was just gonna make the same point. If you think there’s a runner, flag the post. Whatever duty you think you have is fulfilled in just that. No need to scold people for engaging with them. No need to circle the wagons.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I was just gonna make the same point. If you think there’s a runner, flag the post. Whatever duty you think you have is fulfilled in just that. No need to scold people for engaging with them. No need to circle the wagons.
    Whenever I see a string of posts from a new member, I always check out the posts for obvious one liners. If not, then I don't even report them or tag them in a thread as a potential runner. If so I just report them and let the mods decide without pointing them out in a thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom