• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I want to thank Clay Pigeon for trying to get this thread back on track. :ingo:

Now to get back off topic. One of my brother-in-laws will go out to eat and order a well done steak. He then will cut it up completely and send it back for new if there is the slightest hint of pink. Then complain after the second time of sending it back that the place never gets it right. If you know the can not cook the food to suit you, why order it?
    There are a lot of good steakhouses that will not even cook a steak well done or will flat out tell you they are not responsible for how it comes out.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Birth my own cattle, hand feed them with my own corn and hay only time they leave the farm is for processing. Ribeye like butter at rare to medium rare and rested. the proper way to eat a steak.

Sounds like you need a classified ad.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I've had a porterhouse seasoned and resting in the fridge for 36 hours and will go burn both sides, the edges and report back later.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I hate getting a porterhouse or bone in ribeye when I am eating out because I love to pick the bone up and gnaw off those little bites that are always left from a knife and fork.

Fiddle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Fishers
    Speaking of the (well-deserved) ban, I have a question.
    When I saw that the picture I posted on "Women with Guns IV" #1161 was getting a response that was pushing the limits (ie. Zoom zoom zoom), I tried to open my post and either delete the post or edit the post to remove the picture but I could not find a way to do either.

Am I missing something? Can I not edit my own post?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    When I saw that the picture I posted on "Women with Guns IV" #1161 was getting a response that was pushing the limits (ie. Zoom zoom zoom), I tried to open my post and either delete the post or edit the post to remove the picture but I could not find a way to do either.

I don't believe they can be edited after a certain time period.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

You should be able to edit it. If for some reason you can't, just report the post. We'll get it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I hate getting a porterhouse or bone in ribeye when I am eating out because I love to pick the bone up and gnaw off those little bites that are always left from a knife and fork.

I don't let that stop me. Gnaw away brother. You're in good company.

You paid for it. Go for it. but when I eat out I always order a ribeye, that is my favorite cut. the reason I buy Porterhouse is because the grocery sells them for $5#.

AAR: I thought for a second that I had over cooked it. my firdt cut along the edge was almost medium, but the rest was mediun rare tending toward rare, very pink to red, but no blood.

If the thread was closed when you got to it only mods can edit. Prior to closure you can just highlignt the offensive part and back space. To delete the entire post highlight it and type a (.) and hit save. You must leave at least one character.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My friend tells a story about a business dinner at Mortons in LA (a fancy steakhouse).

His coworker did just that - picked it and started to gnaw.
    He said he's never seen a waiter move so fast... spinning and leaping like an NFL RB...
    When he arrived, he quickly snatched the bone from the diner's hands.
    "Ah, I see you're done; I 'll take that."

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    My father liked his steak very well done, and since he was always in charge of the grill we all got our steaks very well done even though mom always said she wanted it medium.

Consequently, I honestly thought that I didn't like steak until I was well into my 20's and finally experienced the joy of a steak cooked medium rare. Prior to that, I always hated it when we were having steak at home and I always ordered something else if we went to a restaurant.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom