• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I prefer mine to not MOOO when I stick my fork and knife into it.

I grew up eating steaks well done, I now eat them medium well.

Want me to throw up at the table, drop a oozing red steak in front me, want me to throw the steak, drop a charbroiled half the size it used to be one in front me.
    That is sad. You've cooked all of the flavor out of it. :):

My wife is like you. It kills me to cook steaks for her. I remind her what a waste of meat it is most every time I have to.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I prefer mine to not MOOO when I stick my fork and knife into it.

I grew up eating steaks well done, I now eat them medium well.

Want me to throw up at the table, drop a oozing red steak in front me, want me to throw the steak, drop a charbroiled half the size it used to be one in front me.
    I'll make sure not to eat steak in front of you. It should be oozing red, so the potatoes can soak up all that flavor

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

My wife is like you. It kills me to cook steaks for her. I remind her what a waste of meat it is most every time I have to.

I have goten my wife from well done, to medium well, down to medium and it has only taken about 34 years.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    cheap cuts from the grocery store I might cook MW. A nice ribeye needs to be MR.
    Any good steak, Ribeye, NY Strip, Filet, T-Bone, Porterhouse, etc...

I might even put sirloin on the list, but that is not as egregious.

The kicker is I get my steaks 1 1/2 to 2" thick when we get our beef from the butcher. I usually let her have all of the Filets, and she frickin orders those 2". I keep telling her to stop. It takes FOREVER to cook a steak that thick MW. I just butterfly them anyway.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Cooked right, a medium well will be a nice pink that browns up after cutting into and has plenty of flavor compared to well done. Heck steak up until I was 26 was not a option. I had "Hamburger Steak"
    That's when my mother took me and the late Mrs. IBM for a 1 year Anniversary dinner to the now gone Mountain Jacks that was on W38th Street. I ate my first Sirloin steak cooked med well. I could cut
    it with s spoon it was so tender.

I've had steaks hit the table that was so under cooked that they was trying to run off the plate when it was sat on the table. One time I had a steak that so under cooked I almost lost the salad I had just eaten on the spot.
    Bloody steaks and me do not mix, slightly pink I can live with. Don't fault someone for having a steak cooked more than you prefer, until you walk in their shoes and get to experience their gag reflex's. I do not care having to have a hazmat team show up at my
    table for what was up chucked because I got a severely under cooked steak. LOL

:puke:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Cooked right, a medium well will be a nice pink that browns up after cutting into and has plenty of flavor compared to well done. Heck steak up until I was 26 was not a option. I had "Hamburger Steak"
    That's when my mother took me and the late Mrs. IBM for a 1 year Anniversary dinner to the now gone Mountain Jacks that was on W38th Street. I ate my first Sirloin steak cooked med well. I could cut

I've had steaks hit the table that was so under cooked that they was trying to run off the plate when it was sat on the table. One time I had a steak that so under cooked I almost lost the salad I had just eaten on the spot.
    Bloody steaks and me do not mix, slightly pink I can live with. Don't fault someone for having a steak cooked more than you prefer, until you walk in their shoes and get to experience their gag reflex's. I do not care having to have a hazmat team show up at my

:laugh:
    I bet there is some psychosis you can claim and get treated for. :):

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I have a suspicion that a chef will lean towards undercooking a steak no matter what finish you choose, because it is a recoverable error

Overcook it and the kitchen help gets steak

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have a suspicion that a chef will lean towards undercooking a steak no matter what finish you choose, because it is a recoverable error

Overcook it and the kitchen help gets steak

I had one instance about 7 years ago with the chef @ O'Charley's in Camby on a steak that was sent back 3 times. He brought it back out the last time and plopped the plate on the table, staring over at me with his hands on his hips while I was seated next to the window. It was burnt to a crisp, 1/4 the original size.

The late Mrs. IBM prevented me from going ballistic and exiting the booth, and my father in law jumped up to usher him off and to get the manager.
    The conversation did not take place in the establishment, and did not go well. I told the manager he was lucky I didn't come unglued on the chef and his pi$$ing match stance he took.
    I have not been back there since.

I really only have two things in life I do not tolerate. Don't screw with my family or my food. I can live with all the other B.S.
    Although I am turning into a windowed grumpy old man, that list may grow, even though I'm only 58 years old.:laugh:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Do brac
    PicsArt1024102604.jpg
    es even work

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Steaks medium rare. Bit of salt and pepper. Absolutely no steak sauce. The flavor of a good steak should stand alone.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Steaks medium rare. Bit of salt and pepper. Absolutely no steak sauce. The flavor of a good steak should stand alone.

Agreed on the med rare and no steak sauce. I use a touch of garlic and onion salt and fresh cracked pepper. That goes for any cut of steak and hamburgers as well

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Agreed on the med rare and no steak sauce. I use a touch of garlic and onion salt and fresh cracked pepper. That goes for any cut of steak and hamburgers as well

:yesway:
    I made some aged 1 1/2" ribeye for a couple one time and they had me cook them well done :nuts:and asked for Ketchup:xmad:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom