Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    For food my rule isI will try (almost) anything thrice.

So far after several times I have not had any "good" chorizo.

Octopus and squid are two other things I've given up on. I will not turn my nose at it if you serve me it, but I will not buy it again.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have a NEW suggestion on how we can raise some revenue for the site.....

Drum roll please...

for $25.00 a member gets to thrown down the gauntlet aka Ban Hammer for people who can't play by the playground rulez.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For food my rule isI will try (almost) anything thrice.

So far after several times I have not had any "good" chorizo.

Octopus and squid are two other things I've given up on. I will not turn my nose at it if you serve me it, but I will not buy it again.

Knowing full well what Octopus and Squid look like I will take a hard pass OK.....:):

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    depends who you ask, and how it's interpreted :dunno:

I'd like to hear from some of the older members as well as yourself. I know I'm more PC than I was just a few years ago. Also this forum is a little more PC than what I was used to. I have adapted well I hope. :cool:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I'd like to hear from some of the older members as well as yourself. I know I'm more PC than I was just a few years ago. Also this forum is a little more PC than what I was used to. I have adapted well I hope. :cool:

Hard to say, Election years (especially this close) makes everyone crazy. And Winter brings about cabin fever and it seems overall people are more easily irritable.

I'd say the pictures and content were more PC in the past. However, I think it's just a trend that most people that stick around and build more community and maybe even attend in-person events together become more PC as time passes. So, it's really hard to say and it definitely depends on the criteria.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    In some ways yes and in some ways no. They didn’t used to allow the girlie pics so there it is less so. They didn’t used to allow any religious discussion. I won’t go into my thoughts on how or why because it probably wouldn’t go over well. But we used to have a lot more people with strong opinions on things and most of them were either banned or run off, so that made the rest of us more PC in our comments.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

As I abhor the phrase "Politically Correct" I would lean towards Ingo is more civilized now.

But like V8 stated it all depends on who you are asking.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Hard to say, Election years (especially this close) makes everyone crazy. And Winter brings about cabin fever and it seems overall people are more easily irritable.

I'd say the pictures and content were more PC in the past. However, I think it's just a trend that most people that stick around and build more community and maybe even attend in-person events together become more PC as time passes. So, it's really hard to say and it definitely depends on the criteria.

Election year and Covid seems to have everyone on edge.

It was closer to being wild west cow town.
    We are not OC by any stretch.

I'm more of a wild west kinda guy. :draw:

In some ways yes and in some ways no. They didn’t used to allow the girlie pics so there it is less so. They didn’t used to allow any religious discussion. I won’t go into my thoughts on how or why because it probably wouldn’t go over well. But we used to have a lot more people with strong opinions on things and most of them were either banned or run off, so that made the rest of us more PC in our comments.

I'm glad the "Hot Chicks Fishing" thread is here. I am learning so much about fishing, boats and such.

As I abhor the phrase "Politically Correct" I would lean towards Ingo is more civilized now.

But like V8 stated it all depends on who you are asking.

I feel the same. I'm about as far from PC as you can get. :cool:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    It was a much different INGO back then. Lots of people with some serious opinions. Type "A" personalities. There were definitely more cliques back then. It felt like high school. The popular kids ran the place and were given a lot more slack than other members. Then you had the outcasts, who grouped together as well. Mods weren't nearly as impartial as they are now. Some mods had a habit of baiting people and then banning them when they reacted. Dogpiles were a daily occurrence, thanks to the afore mentioned popular kids and even mods.

We have lost some good members from those days - members who I still miss. We also lost a lot of trouble makers and bullies who make the Mouse look like a puppy dog. When I call it the Wild West, I mean that there were verbal shootouts at the OK Corral. Members calling out other members and taking shots at them whenever they could. The Sherriff turning a blind eye to some of it, and locking up others.

INGO is a lot different now. And thats not a bad thing.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It was a much different INGO back then. Lots of people with some serious opinions. Type "A" personalities. There were definitely more cliques back then. It felt like high school. The popular kids ran the place and were given a lot more slack than other members. Then you had the outcasts, who grouped together as well. Mods weren't nearly as impartial as they are now. Some mods had a habit of baiting people and then banning them when they reacted. Dogpiles were a daily occurrence, thanks to the afore mentioned popular kids and even mods.

We have lost some good members from those days - members who I still miss. We also lost a lot of trouble makers and bullies who make the Mouse look like a puppy dog. When we call it the Wild West, we mean that there were verbal shootouts at the OK Corral. Members calling out other members and taking shots at them whenever they could. The Sherriff turning a blind eye to some of it, and locking up others.

INGO is a lot different now. And thats not a bad thing.

Lots has changed and lots needed to be changed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom