• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I'm sorry, the phrase "triggered" is problematic, as it could have connections to evil scary firearms. Here are some helpful suggestions for you next time sweetie

article-60d48d6ea99b5.jpg

Does it make a difference if the trigger is on a fully automatic, automatic, or repeating firearm?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Nah, I wasn’t a rush fan, but I respect the sentiment.

Name calling is probably a good early indicator of the losing side of any argument. It means one has run out of valid speaking points.

When the "name calling" comes out, I've told the other person, "Thanks for admitting you are wrong".
    They get a confused point, and say, "When did I admit that?"
    I tell them, by resorting to insults, they've admitted they've lost because they've run out of arguments.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    When the "name calling" comes out, I've told the other person, "Thanks for admitting you are wrong".
    I tell them, by resorting to insults, they've admitted they've lost because they've run out of arguments.
    Exactly what I do, I love the expression on their face as the wheels are turning in their heads.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay. So what if they have an argument, present it. And then call you names. Hmmm? Smartass? :):

Just kidding. I actually agree.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would have to disagree. There are some cases where I don't care to prove a point and simply want someone to shut up and go bother someone else.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would have to disagree. There are some cases where I don't care to prove a point and simply want someone to shut up and go bother someone else.

Then you are quitting.
    Which is still a loss.

I'm not blaming you for wanting to disagree with someone that will never learn. I understand that.
    But, if you quit a baseball game, it is still a loss.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Almost got in a fight last week when I called a coworker "my liberal friend." He strongly suggested that he was a left leaning progressive, not a liberal.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Then you are quitting.
    Which is still a loss.

I'm not blaming you for wanting to disagree with someone that will never learn. I understand that.
    But, if you quit a baseball game, it is still a loss.
    It could just be the phase of life I am in. There are some points worth exploring, my preference over arguing, but a lot of the time all I want is for some stupid son of a bitch to go play in traffic and leave me alone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom