Not open for further replies.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace; and this single reflection, well applied, is sufficient to awaken every man to duty.”

Most often, this quote from Paine is truncated at the semicolon.

I often wonder if Paine believed his child's peace would be enduring. After all, he did not speak about his child's children.

Peace, it seems, is most often temporary as most are not satisfied to simply let others be.

Prepare your children well.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Personally, I would like to know why gregr’s apostrophes are always backwards. But it’s not really worthy of its own thread, kinda like the sub-thread in a thread idea you are proposing? I’m sure the mods won’t mind a bit.
    Those backwards apostrophes drive me nuts.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Personally, I would like to know why gregr’s apostrophes are always backwards. But it’s not really worthy of its own thread, kinda like the sub-thread in a thread idea you are proposing? I’m sure the mods won’t mind a bit.
    Those backwards apostrophes drive me nuts.
    What are you, apostrophist? :nono:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    You said “Civil War!”

TRIGGERED!

:runaway:
    I'm sorry, the phrase "triggered" is problematic, as it could have connections to evil scary firearms. Here are some helpful suggestions for you next time sweetie

article-60d48d6ea99b5.jpg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I'm sorry, the phrase "triggered" is problematic, as it could have connections to evil scary firearms. Here are some helpful suggestions for you next time sweetie

article-60d48d6ea99b5.jpg

Haha.
    “Sweetie”

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    You should probably throw that text book away.
    Many years ago Rush Limbaugh taught that you can always spot a liberal because they’re the first person to call names. Turned out to be a pretty dependable theorem.
    And it works even better for them in these times, because they call a name and try to change the subject, putting the other on defense.
    I saw Kut do that a lot.

I’m sure my post will be discounted because it starts with “Rush Limbaugh”.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'll get right on that. Along with the pages in the dictionary containing the words 'comedy', 'humor', 'mirth', and any other synonyms
    Sorry, it’s honestly hard to tell what is said in jest from what is serious on here anymore.

The cries of racism where there is none is certainly the go-to response for some when they lack the intellect to defend their positions by other means, but I don’t think the race card is actually included in the liberal welcome packet.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Many years ago Rush Limbaugh taught that you can always spot a liberal because they’re the first person to call names. Turned out to be a pretty dependable theorem.
    And it works even better for them in these times, because they call a name and try to change the subject, putting the other on defense.
    I saw Kut do that a lot.

I’m sure my post will be discounted because it starts with “Rush Limbaugh”.
    Nah, I wasn’t a rush fan, but I respect the sentiment.

Name calling is probably a good early indicator of the losing side of any argument. It means one has run out of valid speaking points.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Sorry, it’s honestly hard to tell what is said in jest from what is serious on here anymore.

The cries of racism where there is none is certainly the go-to response for some when they lack the intellect to defend their positions by other means, but I don’t think the race card is actually included in the liberal welcome packet.
    Apologies for any confusion. I learned a long time ago that the internet does not do a good job at communicating sarcasm, so I learned to make extensive use of emojis, and purple text on INGO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom