Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah. That's what I figured.

Now bacon and pineapple is Delish!
    :nono:

The presence of pineapple on pizza negates any brownie points you might otherwise get for bacon. Not that bacon can't win any battle. It's the sheer hubris of thinking any other topping is necessary.

:rules:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Pizza hut has one.
    Late to the party replying on this.
    When I read this I went into a 20 minute hysterical laugh attack that resulted in me hyperventilating to the point I passed out from lack of oxygen, falling and hitting my head and being unconscious for a bit.

I only awoke because I was having a dream that I was eating a fabulous Pizza Hut Pizza off of their buffet, only to realize that I was actually eating the carpet and pad.
    Honestly, except for the surprise of my life realizing what I had done, I pondered for a second, and indeed the carpet and pad was better tasting than anything the Hut puts on a buffett.

Adding some extra mozzarella to a frozen rising crust Jacks Pizza is still better than what the Hut puts out, even when they do get the ingredients right when you order it.

-1 Pizza Hut

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I read this I went into a 20 minute hysterical laugh attack that resulted in me hyperventilating to the point I passed out from lack of oxygen, falling and hitting my head and being unconscious for a bit.

I only awoke because I was having a dream that I was eating a fabulous Pizza Hut Pizza off of their buffet, only to realize that I was actually eating the carpet and pad.
    Honestly, except for the surprise of my life realizing what I had done, I pondered for a second, and indeed the carpet and pad was better tasting than anything the Hut puts on a buffett.

Adding some extra mozzarella to a frozen rising crust Jacks Pizza is still better than what the Hut puts out, even when they do get the ingredients right when you order it.

-1 Pizza Hut
    Agreed about their pizza, but their wings are excellent. They used to have 25 cent wings on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, but they stopped doing that. I keep getting emails saying I have enough points for a free pizza but I don't want their dang pizza! I've thought about calling the manager and asking if they'd give me the equivalent off the price of an order of wings.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Agreed about their pizza, but their wings are excellent. They used to have 25 cent wings on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, but they stopped doing that. I keep getting emails saying I have enough points for a free pizza but I don't want their dang pizza! I've thought about calling the manager and asking if they'd give me the equivalent off the price of an order of wings.
    I refuse to spend another dime with the Hut. They have messed up my order so many times I lost count.
    Little to no sauce, under cooked and doughy, You name it they have done it.
    The late Mrs. IBM ordered nothing but cheese pizza most of the time, you ever order a cheese pizza and get it with sauce only, NO CHEESE!

Been a while since I ordered a pizza, but I prefer Bob's Tu Your Door in Mooresville over the big chains evn though they use pre-made crust. There is no shortage of toppings and enough cheese on it that that the chains would charge extra for the cheese.

Of course I was spoiled, the late Mrs' IBM used to make homemade pizza using Chef Boyardee cheese pizza kit and put our own toppings on it. Was Detroit square pizza style with thick outer crust. One of these days I intend to make one like she did and watch a episode of Eveyone Loves Raymond in her honor.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

-1 Pizza Hut
    jamil-approved post length. :yesway:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I will say that years ago Ft Wayne area Pizza Huts were a large cut above the other Pizza Huts around the country. I don’t know if they still are.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I will say that years ago Ft Wayne area Pizza Huts were a large cut above the other Pizza Huts around the country. I don’t know if they still are.
    The main thing I don't like about their pizzas is that they put all the toppings on top of the cheese. That's okay for the meats, but the veggies (peppers, onions, mushrooms) just get all dried out and leathery. I have no experience with what it would do to pineapple. ;)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    because of the owner at the time. He's since passed, and they're starting to have more of the things that the rest of the Pizza Huts have, however they're just slightly different still. They didn't get rid of all the differences, which has been nice.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    The main thing I don't like about their pizzas is that they put all the toppings on top of the cheese. That's okay for the meats, but the veggies (peppers, onions, mushrooms) just get all dried out and leathery. I have no experience with what it would do to pineapple. ;)
    ... yet

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    because of the owner at the time. He's since passed, and they're starting to have more of the things that the rest of the Pizza Huts have, however they're just slightly different still. They didn't get rid of all the differences, which has been nice.
    I didn’t know the owner died. That’s too bad. But it was >20 years ago since I lived in Fort Wayne. And the Pizza huts there were good 20 years before that. The owner had a good run.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom