Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This stuff is on display with the other meats behind the glass. I’d never seen it or looked for it either until we found the pack in the clearance area, so we went over to the counter and looked and sure enough, there it was. It was so good it replaced Wrights brand in our Christmas morning breakfast.
    I'm going to have to look for it. Fingers crossed! Thanks for the tip!

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Making a fritata, but only have thin slice bacon... I has sad.

Starting to understand how the guys who have to pay $$$ for steel case are feeling.

Hugged my ammo boxes full of my favorite Israeli green tip.

Feel better now.

Planning a oh dawn thrity trip to GFS/Kroeger to be first in line for doors open.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have never seen a line at GFS. We just go every couple of weeks. They have 80 -83% lean ground beef in 10# tubes for around$2#. We buy boneless Sings (spicy breaded breast chunks) 5# c. $20 and a few other things.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Get a good portion of my bacon from Zicks meats. Their Apple bacon is great. Price is up there, but man is it worth it.
    Had some tonight with french toast. 3 slices at a time in a 12" skillet. Nice and thick. Have to cook it low and slow.
    20210202_171139.jpg

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    My FIL has to go the Gluten free route. Since Mrs. IBM passed away, my MIL was making me Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for me and bring them up to me.

He now forbids her to even make them for me anymore even though everything is thoroughly cleaned.:tantrum:

I miss those cookies.:crying:
    Pssst have her come to your house and make them

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Oh that aint right. My G-daughter is seriously allergic and we eat normally with no ill effects on her.

We are talking from scratch Oatmeal C-chip cookies right. Thats curb stomp right there........:):
    Scratch OCC, same recipe that has been handed down 4 generations of Mrs. IBM's family.

They're so good about 5 years ago I ate the last 15 cookies of a batch of 3 dozen.

I got the stink eye placed on me by my MIL.

Told her I couldn't help it, "They was calling me" :whistle: After that she would place me on a strict limit. :nono:

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Pssst have her come to your house and make them
    Well they live 40 minutes away, with them up in their years, it's not as easy to get up as often.

My birthday is the 12th, so I imagine there might be a batch sneaked into the oven for me.
    Best In-laws a son in law can have. Wish Mrs. IBM was still on this earth with us. she was my cookie eating partner.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I have never seen a line at GFS. We just go every couple of weeks. They have 80 -83% lean ground beef for around $2#. We buy boneless Sings (spicy breaded breast chunks) 5# c. $20 and a few other things.
    I guess my parody of the various shortages and panic buying items of the past year fell short. :)

Was trying to decide whether to seek out the Kroger or the GFS bacon. Decided I must get both and taste test. :)

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I guess my parody of the various shortages and panic buying items of the past year fell short. :)

Was trying to decide whether to seek out the Kroger or the GFS bacon. Decided I must get both and taste test. :)
    Love getting supplies at GFS, before last year it was mostly 1/3# burgers and St. Louis Ribs. Started buying chicken breast fillets and nuggets there last year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Love getting supplies at GFS, before last year it was mostly 1/3# burgers and St. Louis Ribs. Started buying chicken breast fillets and nuggets there last year.
    We need to stop in there tomorrow but both fridge/freezers are full beyond burst. Had to take some Frozen stuff next door to the daughters house due to no room at the Inn.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    We need to stop in there tomorrow but both fridge/freezers are full beyond burst. Had to take some Frozen stuff next door to the daughters house due to no room at the Inn.
    Wish I had a good Upright Freezer, the P.O.S. I have now is an older model that is not frost free and is a tad on the small side. Especially since I bought a food saver and plan on freezing my batches of Chili and Hamburger soup.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    My FIL has to go the Gluten free route. Since Mrs. IBM passed away, my MIL was making me Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for me and bring them up to me.

He now forbids her to even make them for me anymore even though everything is thoroughly cleaned.:tantrum:

I miss those cookies.:crying:
    Banquet kitchens in some areas have separate pans, etc for preparing strict kosher meals....

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I bought a 40 lb case of boneless skinless chicken breast at GFS right at the beginning of the pandemic and then another late last year. It was less than $1 a lb if I recall.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Wish I had a good Upright Freezer, the P.O.S. I have now is an older model that is not frost free and is a tad on the small side. Especially since I bought a food saver and plan on freezing my batches of Chili and Hamburger soup.
    My freezer died last week. 100 +#s of meat resides in one of my sons trapping carcass freezers. New one being delivered today and old one may be able to be repaired.
    Banquet kitchens in some areas have separate pans, etc for preparing strict kosher meals....
    That may be OK with some reformed Jews, but a complete separate kitchen is required by the more devout.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    My freezer died last week. 100 +#s of meat resides in one of my sons trapping carcass freezers. New one being delivered today and old one may be able to be repaired.

That may be OK with some reformed Jews, but a complete separate kitchen is required by the more devout.
    that is true.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I has thick bacon now! Both GFS and Kroger. Thanks for all the help. :)

Noticed Prime Rib three to a lb burgers at GFS... sounds like something a guy needs for emergencies, lol!

And by emergencies, I mean bacon cheeseburgers.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They are trying to grow the forum so they seem to be letting more stuff slide.
    Still available
    Still available.....
    Argh.
    I think because of the new tools available it's not as necessary to outright shooter people. The ability to suspend someone from a thread is probably a major reason why we're not seeing many shooters these days despite several threads which get quite contentious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom