Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fill your garage with it... I'm seeing thick cut bacon as the new toilet paper/9mm/556... heading to Classies now to see the market price.
    We snagged 6 pounds of the thick and 6 pounds of the Smiths smoked that we like. Also 3 pounds of the pre-cooked for the G-daughter. She loves to snack on that stuf.

thank God we have 2 freezers.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    We snagged 6 pounds of the thick and 6 pounds of the Smiths smoked that we like. Also 3 pounds of the pre-cooked for the G-daughter. She loves to snack on that stuf.

thank God we have 2 freezers.
    Nothing like the ability to fix a splatter free Bacon-cheese-lettuce sammich. That's some good eating.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nothing like the ability to fix a splatter free Bacon-cheese-lettuce sammich. That's some good eating.
    The girl is Uber allergic to anything with Wheat/nuts/eggs in it. You know, all the really good stuff we get to eat.
    We buy her food in the special stores and the specific areas in Kroger's/Meijer's for those with her issues. It is seriously expensive. It seems that bacon is a solid snack food for her. The cheese and lettuce would be OK but no bread. Unless it is the Gluton free stuff that taste like ugh.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Gordon Food Service has 3# packs regular price $11.99, sales every couple weeks $9.99
    I heard if you get there an hour before they open, there will be a dozen guys in line already. They may or may not come out and let you know if a truck came in that day. :):

Good to know... I forget about GFS... used to shop there and Sam's when the kids were young/at home... shopping for 2 versus 6, lol!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    The girl is Uber allergic to anything with Wheat/nuts/eggs in it. You know, all the really good stuff we get to eat.
    We buy her food in the special stores and the specific areas in Kroger's/Meijer's for those with her issues. It is seriously expensive. It seems that bacon is a solid snack food for her. The cheese and lettuce would be OK but no bread. Unless it is the Gluton free stuff that taste like ugh.
    My FIL has to go the Gluten free route. Since Mrs. IBM passed away, my MIL was making me Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for me and bring them up to me.

He now forbids her to even make them for me anymore even though everything is thoroughly cleaned.:tantrum:

I miss those cookies.:crying:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My FIL has to go the Gluten free route. Since Mrs. IBM passed away, my MIL was making me Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for me and bring them up to me.

He now forbids her to even make them for me anymore even though everything is thoroughly cleaned.:tantrum:

I miss those cookies.:crying:
    Oh that aint right. My G-daughter is seriously allergic and we eat normally with no ill effects on her.

We are talking from scratch Oatmeal C-chip cookies right. Thats curb stomp right there........:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I heard if you get there an hour before they open, there will be a dozen guys in line already. They may or may not come out and let you know if a truck came in that day. :):

Good to know... I forget about GFS... used to shop there and Sam's when the kids were young/at home... shopping for 2 versus 6, lol!
    Yup. We used to get some seriously good bacon and occasionally a good spiral ham there.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    p.s. I miss your smiling. waving avatar. Made me feel welcomed the first time you told me "Up Yours!"
    I don't.
    Same, it made me laugh that much harder when I read his smart*** comments. Now I feel dirty and uncomfortable when I do :):
    The new one is almost as bas as Hasslehoff.
    Same, it made me laugh that much harder when I read his smart*** comments. Now I feel dirty hot and uncomfortable bothered when I do :):
    You are as sick as Printcraft.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Yup. We used to get some seriously good bacon and occasionally a good spiral ham there.
    Kroger has some seriously amazing thick cut bacon in the butcher/meat department. We accidentally stumbled upon a prewrapped pack of it in the clearance case, it was as good if not better than Wrights bacon, and cheaper! I don’t even bother looking for Wrights anymore, I just go to the butcher counter and get the Kroger brand.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Kroger has some seriously amazing thick cut bacon in the butcher/meat department. We accidentally stumbled upon a prewrapped pack of it in the clearance case, it was as good if not better than Wrights bacon, and cheaper! I don’t even bother looking for Wrights anymore, I just go to the butcher counter and get the Kroger brand.
    I've never seen it (but I haven't looked) in the butcher section, but I usually like the Kroger brand packaged stuff. But I'm pretty picky, so I have to look through the "back window" of each package until I find one that's just right. They should really put that window on the front of the package. :):

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've never seen it (but I haven't looked) in the butcher section, but I usually like the Kroger brand packaged stuff. But I'm pretty picky, so I have to look through the "back window" of each package until I find one that's just right. They should really put that window on the front of the package. :):
    This stuff is on display with the other meats behind the glass. I’d never seen it or looked for it either until we found the pack in the clearance area, so we went over to the counter and looked and sure enough, there it was. It was so good it replaced Wrights brand in our Christmas morning breakfast.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom