Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    An ingo chat room would be amazing!! But ya, i could only imagine the headache that would bring the mods with the inevitable buying and selling attempts. Maybe it could be a post limit to enter the chat, to keep runners from bypassing the system and going straight to the chat to try wheeling and dealing. I’m sure with the brains here something could be figured out. Not sure if they would want to take on that headache tho.

Your story reminded me of a time me and a buddy used to play that online poker. Poker stars I think it was called? We had our pc’s side by side and used to use ventrilo, which was like teamspeak for voice chat. One of the older guys we used to game with played poker with us (fake money, not real, I was only 16ish). He was notorious for getting drunk and mad. My buddy would go all in as soon as he was dealt his cards and the older guy would get mad and eventually call him. Every time he would somehow lose to my buddy and go on a major rant, cussing and slamming stuff around before logging off. Don’t think I’ve laughed that hard gaming since.

I miss the old days.

I thought about making an unofficial INGO Discord server. Wouldn't have to be tied to INGO moderation or rules or anything, just a gathering place for chat/etc... no rules to speak of.

Then I realized how much I hated Discord at the time.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Reported for saying the 8 words in a roundabout way

giphy.gif
    Et tu, Brute?/ FIFY. :):

I'm a longstanding member. OFFICIALLY started in '94. (Unofficially in 91, maybe as early as the mid 80s if you count me taking over my older sister's TI-99 that she had no interest in)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I thought about making an unofficial INGO Discord server. Wouldn't have to be tied to INGO moderation or rules or anything, just a gathering place for chat/etc... no rules to speak of.

Then I realized how much I hated Discord at the time.

I’ve never used discord before. I’m assuming it’s a bit like Twitter/Facebook but a chat version?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Anyone remember ICQ? Instant messenger kinda thing... chipbennett still has the little flower icon in his avatar. I still remember the sound it made ("uh oh!") when a message came in...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Anyone remember ICQ? Instant messenger kinda thing... chipbennett still has the little flower icon in his avatar. I still remember the sound it made ("uh oh!") when a message came in...
    Yes, most all of us "computer hobbyists" used ICQ long before and after the hipster set moved to AIM (AOL Instant Messenger).
    Next someone is going to bring up Gopher.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes, most all of us "computer hobbyists" used ICQ long before and after the hipster set moved to AIM (AOL Instant Messenger).
    Yep, I think I had AIM at about the same time as I had ICQ. Oh and I remember those AOL cd's you could get to install it for free or some such. "You've got mail." :):

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Isn't there a thread for this tech garbage.

My first was a Packard Bell 286 with a 2 Mb hard drive. I know. I am late to the game, but I don't claim any expertise about it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

And telnetting into MUDs was awesome.

But my first was a TI 99/4a with an audio cassette memory storage system.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I was on Compuserve and I think E-World.... I think I avoided AOL.
    Compuserve was my first internet. I remember my parents got me my own phone line cause I always had the line tied up. Kids today will never know the pain of having to decide if you wanna talk to your girlfriend on the phone, or game with your buddies. Also the inevitable being kicked offline and having to wait 5 minutes to reconnect while it made the screeching sound.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Isn't there a thread for this tech garbage.

My first was a Packard Bell 286 with a 2 Mb hard drive. I know. I am late to the game, but I don't claim any expertise about it.

The shooter thread is the all inclusive thread. We discuss food recipes, cars, sports, technology, runners, and occasionally a shooter.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Someday I will stop enjoying Forums/BBSes/Instant Messanging/IRC/etc. Today is still not that day. The shenanigans that CameraMonkey and I used to get into back in the early days, was a ton of fun. I had forgotten about that incident at IUPUI till he wrote it up.

I am on Discord a lot. One group is all text chat, a few other groups are only for coordinating in games, one group is for coordinating in games, general chatting and keeping up with friends.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom