• Status
    Not open for further replies.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Wow, maybe I need to pick up a .243 instead of a 7mm-08. It must be a miracle round to defend it that hard.

No kidding :rolleyes:

Myself, I'm a bit of a fan of 30-40 Krag and 7mm Mauser. Interestingly, 7mm-08 does basically the same thing as 7mm Mauser except maybe at the very heavy-for-caliber end of things. Both of these 7s are easy to make from readily available brass (I'm also a fan of 30-06 and 308), but the 7mm-08 has an advantage in being useable in the AR-10 platform.

Now I think you can understand why I currently shoot over 60 different calibers and reload for probably 30+ :):

Ironically, the two "popular" calibers that I just can't get excited about at all are .243 Win and .270 Win!

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I see the guy who felt he was above everyone else's level made a frontal assault at Churchmod and got himself killed. I disagreed with him a lot, which is fine. I can get along with people when we don't see eye to eye. But that ego was really something to behold, and that I won't miss, however long he is gone. I don't think I ever responded to anything he said, I just feel there better uses for my time.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I see the guy who felt he was above everyone else's level made a frontal assault at Churchmod and got himself killed. I disagreed with him a lot, which is fine. I can get along with people when we don't see eye to eye. But that ego was really something to behold, and that I won't miss, however long he is gone. I don't think I ever responded to anything he said, I just feel there better uses for my time.

Who was that, I missed it??

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Other than spammers and such, I usually wouldn't have banned most shooters I've seen get the boot around here. More speech is better and all that. But level.eleven seemed to be aiming for it in that thread.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Other than spammers and such, I usually wouldn't have banned most shooters I've seen get the boot around here. More speech is better and all that. But level.eleven seemed to be aiming for it in that thread.

That "X" member has had my number from the Mod announcement with my name on it.
    No matter what I did or said he was critical of it.
    My posting in that thread had zero to do with his presence there.
    His open call out was due to his own self centered mind set that the world revolved around him.
    I would as soon not swing the hammer but some folks just can not help themselves. If I can work it out through PM's so be it. Level.eleven never responded to any sent his way.

There is always more to this than the membership sees.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    We know you CM, and we have seen that what you claim here is supported as true by your history as mod. But I don't think anyone is shedding any tears that you went ahead and smashed this guy.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think CM. made the correct call here, due to a lengthy history with this user, but I (for one) am sorry to see that user go.

Whatever you may think of his politics, or his online persona...that guy is really intelligent. He had a differing perspective, and he argued it passionately and thoroughly. Oftentimes he was the only user on the "other" side of a contentious topic. He was often seemingly oblivious to the dogpile he would receive. Now that he is gone, INGO is that much more of an echo chamber in his absence.

Discussion "forums" are decidedly less educational and entertaining when everyone holds the same opinion.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That "X" member has had my number from the Mod announcement with my name on it.
    No matter what I did or said he was critical of it.
    My posting in that thread had zero to do with his presence there.
    His open call out was due to his own self centered mind set that the world revolved around him.
    I would as soon not swing the hammer but some folks just can not help themselves. If I can work it out through PM's so be it. Level.eleven never responded to any sent his way.

There is always more to this than the membership sees.

Understood. My remarks certainly aren't any sort of criticism towards you.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think CM. made the correct call here, due to a lengthy history with this user, but I (for one) am sorry to see that user go.

Whatever you may think of his politics, or his online persona...that guy is really intelligent. He had a differing perspective, and he argued it passionately and thoroughly. Oftentimes he was the only user on the "other" side of a contentious topic. He was often seemingly oblivious to the dogpile he would receive. Now that he is gone, INGO is that much more of an echo chamber in his absence.

Discussion "forums" are decidedly less educational and entertaining when everyone holds the same opinion.

In my mere 51 years of experience, people who feel the need to assert or extol their own intelligence, particularly when they disparage the same of others while doing so, rarely meet the level that their unrealistic self-image has created. When someone's commentary is built on a foundation that they are addressing less beings, it's typically not worth reading.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Level:Eleven was a smart guy. He was outside of the "core" membership in his opinions. However, he drops bombs on people, get them riled up, and then no defend his positions. I can appreciate the guy who takes the road less traveled, but sometimes you have to explain why one "travels" that road.
    I carry LOTS of unpopular opinions... and I'm admittedly sensitive, and sometimes even wrong. But I'm more than willing to defend my POV.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom