Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Anybody but Hillary right guys!?

There^^^^^^^^^^^ It's like he never left.

hornadylnl reading INGO and not being able to respond to a trump/islamist/cop thread......
    giphy.gif

AlBcJFBXRsm8I4MyFJdI_c3.gif
    That is hysterical, albeit probably accurate. I wondered what happened to him as I haven't seen copious amounts of .22 lr in ammo cans for quite some time.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Horny's demise was well overdue IMHO. He was a scourge to this forum. :twocents:

Horn wasn't/isn't a bad guy. Neither is his brother forgop.

The problem (as I see it) comes in the disconnect between our online personas and our actual selves.

When we communicate with other people face-to-face we are exposed to all kinds of feedback that is missing in online interactions. These cues...like vocal tone, eye contact, posture, and other non-verbal interactions give us a much better idea what kind of effect our words are having on our listener. When our message isn't being received well in face-to-face conversation we recognize that, even subconsciously, and change our tact to attempt to accommodate our listener. We tend to want to be well received...

Much of that is missing in online interaction...without the subtlety of inflection and body language we fill in the blanks with our own bias...we tend not to see the "listener" as an actual person, an equal worthy of our respect. Our ego kicks into high gear and, in a fervor to "prove our point", we bulldoze our "opponent".

As a moderator, it is my job to tell people to stop. Some people do. Others do not.

Many of the "Shooters" listed in this thread (and the others like it) are gone because they refused to stop when they were told it was time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Apparently somewhere down the line, I've offended poor Rhino's delicate sensibilities. And despite after placing me on ignore, for at least a year, he feels like he's getting back at me by making cute lil hit and run comments.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Hey, you're supposed to have me on ignore too, right? What happened?

...and I am a handsome man. No need to flatter myself.

And humble too!

I (would also miss Kut). While I don't always agree with him, his viewpoint is usually good and makes it less of an echo chamber. I usually finding myself on an argument going, what holes will Kut poke in this. It forces me to be more precise and clear.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And humble too!

I (would also miss Kut). While I don't always agree with him, his viewpoint is usually good and makes it less of an echo chamber. I usually finding myself on an argument going, what holes will Kut poke in this. It forces me to be more precise and clear.

I'm a fantastic modest guy. Probably the best modest guy ever.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Ohh Lord its hard to be humble
    when your perfect in every way
    I just cant wait to look in the mirror
    'cause I get better looking each day.
    To know me is to love me
    I must be a hell of a man