• Status
    Not open for further replies.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm thinking about closing the doors to Nash GunWerx in the not too distant future. When I started stippling polymer pistols about 7 years ago there were very few people offering it and the technique I use was my own. I did a fair amount of experimenting to come up with the method I use and I feel it is the best available. The methods some others use are far easier and less time consuming than mine but I did not want to copy what someone else came up with.

As time has passed there have been more and more people copying my work and undercutting my business. I have always been as helpful as I could be and have helped a lot of guys who wanted to do their own work and it has come back to bite me in the a$$. More than one have turned around and used the help I gave them to take business away from me and it turns my stomach.

I will have a table set up at the Indy 1500 show in January because I have already paid for the table but it will likely be my last. I will also be closing my website at this time. I can not afford to spend the money on marketing and only seeing business from "word of mouth" advertising and those who have had a chance to see my work compared to others and realize that you get what you pay for.

I really appreciate the business I have gotten from the members here. I am proud to have been involved with INGO from the start and it has been great to see it grow to become the impressive online community that it has.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Sorry to hear that. I have never had you work on any of my guns, but have several friends (INGO and non-) who have, and they have all been very pleased.

Even if you give up the business and Site Advertiser status, I hope you plan on sticking around and participating here on the site.

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Sad to hear, but prayers your way and for others who are yet still without a job with the economy.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It is always saddening to see a local business close it's doors. I am sorry to hear this. I second everything shooter521 said as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Too Bad

:dunno: As someone who has tried a few small business and failed all but one time. I understand what you are going through, thing of it is I'd bet you're better than the people that have taken business from you! Good luck in any future endevours!:patriot:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    This is sad news Cory! I've been very please with all the work you've done for me in the past. Best wishes for whatever it is that you decide to take on next!

I'll stop by and say Hi at the 1500.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I appreciate all of the kind words. I'm just tired of the frustration watching people try to copy my work and undercut my prices. I honestly don't see how some people can do this and still sleep at night.

thing of it is I'd bet you're better than the people that have taken business from you!:patriot:

I'm not a boastful person but I've always taken a great deal of pride in my work. To date I have only seen one person who I consider able to do the same quality of work that I do and he is out of Florida. He actually took my technique, added to it enough to make it stand apart and make it his own, and does a really nice job.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Very sorry to hear this news. On Saturday I was standing in Plainfield Shooting Supply looking at ammo. Bob was trying to sell a gun to another customer and recommended that he take it to you to make it the way he wanted it. I piped in with a recommendation myself, based on what I've seen on INGO.

But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    It is always a pity to see a businessman who conducts themselves with integrity - without underhanded minion antics or clownish sensationalism - lose their place in the world due to the forementioned.

I've heard good things about your work and conduct. My best wishes for your future endeavors.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Cory, I am sorry to hear this. I have always liked your work and would never send anything to anyone else.

Just last week a shop asked what I thought for someone that does refinishing work and I suggested that they use you.

I hope you reconsider your choice because I do know you have a strong following.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'm always sad to hear of a local business close its doors, especially when it has such a good reputation like you do. I hope you keep coming back to the board and I wish you the best in 2010.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    He is known for his stippling technique. It is a process that adds texture to a handgun grip. Here is a picture from Nash Werx:

stippling.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    He is also known for his top-notch refinishing jobs. Cory refinished my Glock 19 slide.

Here is one that I really like (this is Fenway's DDM4):

img0267r.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom