• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    So I finally purchased my first Mossberg 500 and am ready to begin customizing it. I have been looking at tactical lights and am overwhelmed at the choices.

Anyone have suggestions on something that will work "out of the box" because I am not looking to mill or alter the gun itself.

I know this is a vague question, but I'm confident you guys can point me in the right direction.

newguyjosh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    So I finally purchased my first Mossberg 500 and am ready to begin customizing it. I have been looking at tactical lights and am overwhelmed at the choices.

Anyone have suggestions on something that will work "out of the box" because I am not looking to mill or alter the gun itself.

I know this is a vague question, but I'm confident you guys can point me in the right direction.

I'm also interested in this answer.

TB what version of the 500 are you wanting to put the light on? Do you have a link with some of the ones your looking at?

sonrider657

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    A Surefire foreend is about the only quality option unless you're willing to put up with a railed foreend which is very uncomfortable.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I have seen some mag extension barrel clamps with a little rail to mount a light, that and a little tape switch on the fore grip would be the way I would go but I have the surefire fore grip on mine.

Like these----------> MOD-C and BMT Clamps

Last edited:

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I'm also interested in this answer.

TB what version of the 500 are you wanting to put the light on? Do you have a link with some of the ones your looking at?

500 persuader. there are a bunch of awesome surefire forend replacement lights on their website but they are pretty costly.

Mossberg 590/500 provided by SureFire

I was hoping for something that would just attach a flashlight to the barrel.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    This is the one I have.
    LITE MOUNT TECHNOLOGIES : TACTICAL SHOTGUN MOUNT - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

It has worked well for me. Mine dwells upon a Mossberg 590. Attaches to mag tube, I have an old Surfire 6P in it. I don't like cords on a pump gun. So I live with the fact that I will either turn the light to constant on, or let the light go off when I work the pump. Issue or non issue depending on what tactics you employ in regards to white light usage.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I am seeing some lights that offer 'strobe', but that seems to be mostly pistol lights.

The surefire forend replacements have momentary on, constant on and disable. Does disable refer to a strobe?

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have a surefire G3 incandescent on my 870, 39 bucks, with a tacstar tape switch tailcap, 20 bucks. It is mounted in a scope ring. I ground the sling swivel off and welded on a modified nut to fit in the factory barrel clamp. I then, took a piece of scrap rail about 1.5 inches long and bolted that to the factory barrel clamp. Kind of a cheesy light for surefire, but my back fence row is only about 50 yards and it lights it up with ease. You do not need 200 lumens imo, but I only have 2 acres.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    picture.php

Surefire G2 mounted using this SHT-071 - Leapers UTG Universal Shotgun TriRail Barrel Mount 3 Slot Fits on Barrel or Under Barrel
    the clamp is adjustable like a scope ring so you can fit mostly whatever flashlight you want.

works well for me and don't hav to change anything on the weapon.

it also gives you 3 rail surfaces for lasers or whatever you feel like.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I am seeing some lights that offer 'strobe', but that seems to be mostly pistol lights.

The surefire forend replacements have momentary on, constant on and disable. Does disable refer to a strobe?

Mine does not so I'll say NO. If surefire had a strobe feature I'm sure they would advertise it cause the strobe feature on my Insight handheld light took me from spending $50 or $60 to over a $100:hooked::D

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Mine does not so I'll say NO. If surefire had a strobe feature I'm sure they would advertise it cause the strobe feature on my Insight handheld light took me from spending $50 or $60 to over a $100:hooked::D

then i wonder what 'disable' refers to?

Top Bottom