• TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    what do you guys think of this?

mako t-grip
    T-GripCMM.jpg

T-Grip Tactical Foregrip with 1" Flashlight adapter and On/Off Trigger: Mako Security, Inc.

edit: also, I can't figure out how the the on/off trigger on the grip works the on/off switch for the light

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    what do you guys think of this?
    mako t-grip
    T-GripCMM.jpg

I have several problems with it, both generally and in a shotgun application in particular.

1) The pistol grip and trigger activation forces your hand into a position that is not conducive to smooth and efficient operation of a shotgun's pump forearm.

2) It takes up a LOT of "rail estate" (see item 1).

3) Squeezing the trigger to turn on the light with your support hand could trigger a sympathetic reflex in your gun hand, leading to an ND, or you could just get confused and pull the wrong trigger under stress.

4) The mount accepts a Surefire or similar 1" light and attaches to a rail; there are simpler/cheaper/easier ways to mount the light directly to a railed forearm.

5) Mako equipment is not generally known for its quality (they are in the same category as CAA/EMA/Fobus/First Samco).

My :twocents:

also, I can't figure out how the the on/off trigger on the grip works the on/off switch for the light

The trigger moves a lever, which presses on the momentary switch in the flashlight's tailcap. The back of the lever can be seen at the front of what would be the trigger guard area on the light holder.

Top Bottom