• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I saw this article earlier this morning and found it fascinating. The moment a person or rabbit or dog or even a mod becomes a genetically unique being is celebrated with "fireworks" is, for me, amazing.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hmmm...I see. This isn't about abortion?

So you will have no issue if I change the thread title to something less drenched in anti-abortion rhetoric?

Something like "Scanning electron miscroscope captures electrical discharge at mammalian fertilization"...

...I mean, there is no other motive here, right?

Are you making a joke? Are you serious?

You seem to be seeking something and you've found it specifically for that reason.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    raccoon-with-cracker-jacks-taxidermy-mount-_11477-for-sale-_-the-taxidermy-store.jpg

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well Paul, if you haven't excused yourself already, when does life begin?

Ideologically: It doesn't...rather, it already has. Eons ago.

We don't create​ life, we pass it along in a sloppy exchange of genetic material that sometimes results in viable offspring, and sometimes results in far more disagreeable outcomes.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Ideologically: It doesn't...rather, it already has. Eons ago.

We don't create​ life, we pass it along in a sloppy exchange of genetic material that sometimes results in viable offspring, and sometimes results in far more disagreeable outcomes.

Either I'm getting older and wiser or I've just been on here too long, but that's exactly what I thought you'd say. Good enough.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Abuse of power? LOL.

Where do you think you are?

Chip, your agenda is as plain as day. Deflect all you will. If this was about science and wonder I would expect you to give the thread a title that reflects that fact, however...

"Life begins at conception" is an anti-abortion tag line. You have been trying to thread this pseudo-scientific point into your argument for quite a while here. You got called out on it...again.

A fertilized egg is not a man...it may not ever become a man. It does not deserve the same legal standing as a man (in my opinion, of course).

A sexually mature woman does has legal standing...she does get to decide what happens inside her body, even if that means removing a lump of tissue that may someday become a man.

If you want to talk about science, start a thread about science...not a thread about politics dressed up like science.
    Perhaps start your own thread to express your belief in women's rights to murder without repercussions!?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'll start whatever thread I want, with whatever title and content that I want, provided that it is within the stated site rules.

"Life begins at conception" is a scientifically factual statement, and the content of my OP clearly discussed a scientific observation.
    I've already repped you in the last 24 hours, rep nazis won't let me again.

Top Bottom