License, registration.....and religious status?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    As a Christian, I support the spreading of the Word, we're instructed to do so. But it should be consensual and should not be done by someone in a authoritative position like this.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    As a Christian, I support the spreading of the Word, we're instructed to do so. But it should be consensual and should not be done by someone in a authoritative position like this.

Agreed, but I also think that the ISP should deal with him and if he refused to stop after instructed not to, fire him. The awarding of damages? Not necessary.

BTW- my 4-H plate seems to be effective ticket repellent.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

Honest question:

Do you think there is anyone in Indiana that hasn't heard "the word"?

There are three Christian churches within a half a mile of my house, including my official polling location...radio, television, the Internet: all full of "the word". If I want it, I have no problem gaining access to "the word".

LDS, Jehovah's Witness, and a non-denominational Christian "outreach" ministry have all ignored my CLEARLY POSTED "No Soliciting" sign within the last six weeks...all eager to bring "the word" into my living room, whether I wanted it or not.

:xmad:

I have heard "the word"...as a Hoosier it would appear I have no realistic choice otherwise. Now, please tell me...what on Earth does it take to get Christians to keep "the word" to themselves?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Honest question:

Do you think there is anyone in Indiana that hasn't heard "the word"?

There are three Christian churches within a half a mile of my house, including my official polling location...radio, television, the Internet: all full of "the word". If I want it, I have no problem gaining access to "the word".

LDS, Jehovah's Witness, and a non-denominational Christian "outreach" ministry have all ignored my CLEARLY POSTED "No Soliciting" sign within the last six weeks...all eager to bring "the word" into my living room, whether I wanted it or not.

:xmad:

I have heard "the word"...as a Hoosier it would appear I have no realistic choice otherwise. Now, please tell me...what on Earth does it take to get Christians to keep "the word" to themselves?

A refusal to live out the Christian mission statement:

And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.(Mark 16:15 ESV)

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    There's a time and place to spread the gospel. A traffic stop is not that place. He's acting as an agent of the government when he's doing his duty so I would think this would be a violation of seperation church and state, but maybe I'm misinterpreting.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Insertion of a retro virus to change the religion of Christianity.

But I am told on INGO when you discuss this, it makes people butthurt.:D

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    In your work place, any discussion of any religion or religious beliefs with a client or employee is risky. This includes religious "activities". Asking specific questions about someone's religion can be intimidating to them and is a no-no. As a former Fed, this kind of activity could earn you an unexpected position in the unemployment line. Have to be PC about everything sometimes! Good that we can still talk among friends.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I had people try to share the word with me in my younger rebellious days.

I didnt work work out too good for those that tried.

I take a different approach as a Christian, than those that approached me.

If seeds are not cast in fertile ground they lack success to grow.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Ok.

I see it from your side.

I wish you guys would at least try to see things from our side once in awhile...it's like marrying a woman and finding out her whole family is vegan.

It gets old..

I see that. To be honest, there's are those who have a particular theological "insight" that they will never shut up about even though we've all heard it 1000 times...it's kind of meeting a Seahawks fan....wait...now I really understand.

Now, let's talk about Glocks...the only true self-defense handgun that anyone should ever own.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I see that. To be honest, there's are those who have a particular theological "insight" that they will never shut up about even though we've all heard it 1000 times...it's kind of meeting a Seahawks fan....wait...now I really understand.

Now, let's talk about Glocks...the only true self-defense handgun that anyone should ever own.

The difference being, neither Glock owners nor Seahawks fans have ever knocked on my door to tell me about it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Thank [STRIKE]God[/STRIKE] (insert someone of importance) for the ACLU. Invited her to church? She'll likely never recover.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ok.

I see it from your side.

I wish you guys would at least try to see things from our side once in awhile...it's like marrying a woman and finding out her whole family is vegan.

It gets old..

Not everybody harbors such animus. Much like if someone asks you if you're interested in buying an insurance policy or a used car or Girl Scout cookies, all you have to do is say something like: "No thanks. I'm not interested". If they insist, escalate as you see fit. A few days ago, a Jehovah's Witness came knocking on my door. I'm not JW and really didn't have time to talk to her. I simply smiled, and told her I really didn't have time to talk to her and she thanked me for my time and we wished each other a nice day. It didn't hurt one single bit. No butt-hurt on either side. She didn't force her religion on me and I didn't force mine on her. I got rid of her much easier than getting rid of one of those kids selling peanut brittle or popcorn.

On the other hand, there are people that change their hearts and may not realize they are ready to receive Jesus and the Holy Spirit and if we "kept it to ourselves", then that would be a shame for those people.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The difference being, neither Glock owners nor Seahawks fans have ever knocked on my door to tell me about it.

OK. Believe it or not, in this day and age, I've had a Kirby vacuum guy show up at my house. I tell him to go away if I don't want to hear it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom