• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Comment added.
    So, let's see: these young criminals have broken laws disallowing them from possessing firearms without written parental permission, broken laws forbidding theft, and broken laws forbidding homicide.
    This article seems to focus on removing the firearms from those who don't break laws to prevent access to them by those who do. If these young criminals had broken laws disallowing their consumption of alcohol, theft, and drunken driving causing serious bodily harm or manslaughter with a vehicle, would there be an outcry to prevent access to motor vehicles or alcohol by those who do not break laws to prevent access to them by those who do?
    Rather than focus on the object being misused/abused, why not focus on and control the person committing the crimes against others? Would it be because that's harder to do and therefore not as politically expedient or because the people calling for more laws are ignorant of or indifferent to the Constitution?

WoG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Plainfield
    I just laugh at stuff like this. The increase in gun permits, gun sales, ammo sales, etc. is a much more definite and clear indication that the majority of the public doesn't agree with that at all.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Here is what I posted. (I wonder how long it will stay up on their website):

I've been shooting firearms since I was 14 years old, and yet, have not committed any crimes. Perhaps it is the gene-pool these "people" come from that needs to be removed!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

Thanks for the heads up. Submitted my comment, subject to their review or censorship:popcorn:

WISH TV - Get a Grip on Reality. Legal Gun Owners are NOT the Problem, it's the criminals that are being coddled by the Justice (sic) System or in Marion County the Lack of Justice System. If law abiding citizens do not arm themselves and be prepared, they will be the crime victims. Most Judges and Politicians in Marion County are worried about reelection and NOT incarceration of offenders. Prosecution of criminals is a joke in Marion County. Why not do a story on political/judicial misdirection in Indianapolis, the new Detroit South instead of bowing to the PC anti gun crowd. The media in Indy panders to the leftists or just ask the Indy Star why they are going broke. People want the TRUTH not the PC spiel that seems prevalent with WISH TV and your peers.
    Remember, If You Can't Do the Time Then Don't Do the Crime.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Comment added.
    So, let's see: these young criminals have broken laws disallowing them from possessing firearms without written parental permission, broken laws forbidding theft, and broken laws forbidding homicide.
    This article seems to focus on removing the firearms from those who don't break laws to prevent access to them by those who do. If these young criminals had broken laws disallowing their consumption of alcohol, theft, and drunken driving causing serious bodily harm or manslaughter with a vehicle, would there be an outcry to prevent access to motor vehicles or alcohol by those who do not break laws to prevent access to them by those who do?
    Rather than focus on the object being misused/abused, why not focus on and control the person committing the crimes against others? Would it be because that's harder to do and therefore not as politically expedient or because the people calling for more laws are ignorant of or indifferent to the Constitution?

rep'd for a great post on their site

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    You could not have said it better!

I just laugh at stuff like this. The increase in gun permits, gun sales, ammo sales, etc. is a much more definite and clear indication that the majority of the public doesn't agree with that at all.

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    i forgot to watch this story before i left for my weekend today. i'm as curious now as you all to see how it turns out.

my politics and relationship with WISH-TV aside...it sounds like Gene did a great job to encourage people to watch...both us and the others.

boman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    indianapolis
    I have a hard time buying the "collection of 800 guns per month". anybody know someone in the property room who can verify this.

If this is the case All law abiding citizens need to be carrying---

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I have a hard time buying the "collection of 800 guns per month". anybody know someone in the property room who can verify this.

If this is the case All law abiding citizens need to be carrying---

Seems awfully high to me. Are 800 criminals per month in Marion County being incarcerated and charged with illegal possession of a firearm and if so what is the court disposition of these 800 per month arrests? :dunno:

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Seems awfully high to me. Are 800 criminals per month in Marion County being incarcerated and charged with illegal possession of a firearm and if so what is the court disposition of these 800 per month arrests? :dunno:

i was at the CCB this morning looking for arrest information for an unrelated story. i searched all IMPD arrest records for Monday and Tuesday of this week and saw reports about 15-20 for firearms related reports. (some were possesion, some were assault related, etc.)

i'm kind of curious now...i might check that out next time i'm there.

boman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    indianapolis
    i'm kind of curious now...i might check that out next time i'm there.

Please do and get back to us. If they average 20 arrests per day times 30 that's 600 per month right? Ok the other 200 guns are either "turned in" or these criminals are armed to the teeth carrying multiple weapons---NOT

Steve

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Top Bottom