• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I realize now I have a problem. All I could think about when I read the story is where can I buy (legally of course) one of those 800 guns collected each month at a discounted price...;)

"IMPD officers showed us just a few of the guns collected by officers on the street. They tell us they collect about 800 guns a month."

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Liberals should never be in the same room as statistics. The two just don't go together.
    Maybe it was really 8000 guns per month... or maybe 80...or...????:cool:

And once again, these guns have the amazing capability to kill humans on their own!!!! Technology certainly has advanced at an incredible rate.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Den I needs to gets me som o dem Black Talonz fo mah 380 speshul, dog!!

Comments like this:

A) Help advance the cause of legal gun ownership by showing legal owners as being educated, responsible, and law abiding

or

B) Help perpeuate the myth that even legal owners are mostly backwards thinking racisists and further proof that all guns need to be outlawed.

?

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Comments like this:

A) Help advance the cause of legal gun ownership by showing legal owners as being educated, responsible, and law abiding

or

B) Help perpeuate the myth that even legal owners are mostly backwards thinking racisists and further proof that all guns need to be outlawed.

?

It could have been sarcasm...or humor...I don't know. I was either

A) Drunk, which would explain why I wasn't my usual educated, responsible, law abiding self.

or

2) Sober, but apparently a racisist (or racist (racists) I may be a hillbilly but I'm a good spelling hillbiblly...not so good at grammar though) and trying my best to get all guns outlawed

You have outed me. Was I wearing an INGO hat!:40oz:

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elaw555

Comments like this:

or

I've heard white people talk like this as well. Perhaps he wasn't attacking a race, but instead making fun of a poor-urban culture.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    WISH-TV is not new when it comes to guns commit crimes, people are just along for the ride. About a year ago they ran an internet story titled "Machinegun Robs Burger King". I fired off an email to the writer asking how a firearm could walk into any place of business, and announce a hold up, and then somehow make off with the money. A few minutes after I sent the email, they changed the title.

Of all the Indy TV stations, WISH seems to be the most anti-firearm, pro-criminal.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    WISH-TV is not new when it comes to guns commit crimes, people are just along for the ride. About a year ago they ran an internet story titled "Machinegun Robs Burger King". I fired off an email to the writer asking how a firearm could walk into any place of business, and announce a hold up, and then somehow make off with the money. A few minutes after I sent the email, they changed the title.

Of all the Indy TV stations, WISH seems to be the most anti-firearm, pro-criminal.

No.... No..... the local affiliate of Katie Couric would never be gun biased because they are fair and balanced ;)

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis

i've personally taken 6 people who have never shot firearms in their lives to the range for the first time since starting work at WISH. In addition, a few of us go shooting together on a somewhat regular basis.

obviously i can't speak for everyone, and odds are blatantly in favor of people at the station being anti-2A. however, speaking for the people i personally took to the range for the first time, the only thing they suffered from was apprehension...and not bias.

i've been flamed for seemingly supporting the media in the past here...but you all would seriously be surprised how many of these people are really only in it for a paycheck and not to further their ideology.

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    Rather than focus on the object being misused/abused, why not focus on and control the person committing the crimes against others? Would it be because that's harder to do and therefore not as politically expedient.....?
    ---Bill of Rights

Precisely! Excellent comments, Bill! This, indeed, is the situation. Politicians will always take the easy way and in many cases it's easier to stomp on the rights of the law-abiding rather than even mentioning the root cause of the problem.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    i've personally taken 6 people who have never shot firearms in their lives to the range for the first time since starting work at WISH. In addition, a few of us go shooting together on a somewhat regular basis.

obviously i can't speak for everyone, and odds are blatantly in favor of people at the station being anti-2A. however, speaking for the people i personally took to the range for the first time, the only thing they suffered from was apprehension...and not bias.

i've been flamed for seemingly supporting the media in the past here...but you all would seriously be surprised how many of these people are really only in it for a paycheck and not to further their ideology.

Ah, a paycheck that is good but how about being in it to report the truth and investigate the actual facts instead of promoting someone else's ideology. WISH TV also has the Democrat shill Jim Shella on their payroll. I'm not blaming you personally but it is a shame that news reporters have become news readers and not investigative reporters. +1 for your conversion efforts

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ah, a paycheck that is good but how about being in it to report the truth and investigate the actual facts instead of promoting someone else's ideology. WISH TV also has the Democrat shill Jim Shella on their payroll. I'm not blaming you personally but it is a shame that news reporters have become news readers and not investigative reporters. +1 for your conversion efforts

it's a job. some people are better at it than others. some suck and think they're noble for expounding their views in the stories they do. some go, do their job, and go home to their families.

i absolutely agree some are "news readers". i despise those types also.

as gun owners, we're always quick to point out that one individual who acts like a moron with a firearm isn't representative of the collective. i can tell you from experience, local TV is the same...there are more good than bad.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elaw555

I've heard white people talk like this as well. Perhaps he wasn't attacking a race, but instead making fun of a poor-urban culture.

Absolutely. I also realize the OP was trying to be humorous. I wasn't even calling him a racist. I was just saying that in a thread of this nature, that kind of statement doesn't really further the cause. Realize of course that not all arguments of this nature take place within these boards, but in more public forums as well. Just my way of trying to say that it was a misplaced use of humor. I hope that clarifies.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    800 guns a month? Yeah, RIIIIGHT!

This reminds me of an episode of South Park were the news reporter said "..we are reporting 2.5 million dead in ...". The anchor asks, can we confirm that, can you confirm that?"

To which the reporter says, "No, that's just what we're reporting"!:n00b:

And what was that garbage at the end about the young boys' (thugs') bright future before this incident?:dunno:

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a hard time buying the "collection of 800 guns per month". anybody know someone in the property room who can verify this.

If this is the case All law abiding citizens need to be carrying---

I know one of the firearm techs in the Marion County forensics lab. I do know that most Mondays he has a nice pile to work through. I'll ask him for a good round number of what they process. And I'll definitely have to watch the report (with barf container handy) to see if he's on T.V.

It will be also interesting to see if they define the 800 guns figure. I do know that my friend processes found guns that were picked up off the ground, or turned in as lost and found - not everything they process is suspected of being directly involved in a crime.

And I personally carry any time that I can. :patriot:

boman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    indianapolis
    It will be also interesting to see if they define the 800 guns figure
    I suspect the feature that will be on TV will leave out the entire truth about the guns letting the viewer "assume" all are confiscated from juvenile criminals.
    I know guns are turned in all the time and I also know there are confiscating guns from people who eventually get them back--no crime commited. Let us know what you find out.

Steve

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Back in the 70s and early 80s, stone age to some, the MCSD used to auction off confiscated firearms. There were usually 400-500 in a lot and the auctions happened at sometimes 6 months to one year intervals. They city could probably use the money these days instead of paying for disposal. PC can be very costly.:)

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    it's a job. some people are better at it than others. some suck and think they're noble for expounding their views in the stories they do. some go, do their job, and go home to their families.

i absolutely agree some are "news readers". i despise those types also.

as gun owners, we're always quick to point out that one individual who acts like a moron with a firearm isn't representative of the collective. i can tell you from experience, local TV is the same...there are more good than bad.

Look out...you're defying the "common" beliefs here. If you're not careful you'll soon be on half the members ignore lists.

Isn't this the definition of a whore?

So, if you have job that pays the bills but you don't use it to promote some kind of ideology, you're a whore? I thought the media were supposed to report the news in an unbiased fashion WITHOUT promoting an ideology. That somehow makes the ones who do whores?

Top Bottom