• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Are there any local gun shops that have not jacked up their prices? The local shop I have frequented and patronized through the years has jacked up prices. Now correct me if I am wrong but my feeling is that he is not paying more from his distributer than he was two months ago.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    It depends. I've noticed some small price movement in all my shops, but one really moved up there prices more than anyone. I had heard back in November from one LGS that prices would change upward a bit after the new year on new purchases and they have. He sold most of his old stock at the old price and moved up the prices only on new stuff.
    Then that said, while out of my local area visiting a couple well known shops on here, I found total gouging going on. LOL but those places have been called out.

gfry12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Plainfield
    I only go to 2 LGS's and that is Bradis and PSS neither of them have price jacked. Probably why they are 2 of the best in the state.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Are there any local gun shops that have not jacked up their prices? The local shop I have frequented and patronized through the years has jacked up prices. Now correct me if I am wrong but my feeling is that he is not paying more from his distributer than he was two months ago.

You're correct. Problem is..........the distributors shelves are empty. The only type of ammo on the distributors shelves is odd or unpopular calibers. Your LGS is just taking advantage of the current situation.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I haven't been to PSS since all this craziness started. I have been to Bradis once and they claim to be holding the line on pricing as long as their distributors are. Of course, try to find an AR or AR parts there or anywhere else for that matter.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I have found a couple good shops that haven't . Another I have bought one firearm from that I will not be shopping at anymore .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I frequent 4 LGS and stop in at a few others to comparison shop. 1 of these has been pushing up their prices but are holding steady on prices to regulars. Strange enough but I can see their point based on the strange agents wondering in off the street. They had 2 AR's this week priced with the level of madness and both sold right away.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Cup half empty / Cup half full.

The reason for jacking prices when inventory is low isn't necessarily just to rape everyone's wallet.

It's so they can keep enough inventory to stay open until they can get something else in stock. If you're still not squared away, after all the warning that was given over the past year, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    There has to be a line drawn somewhere. If these businesses are selling out of their fireamrs and accessories with a long wait for resupply due to the buying panic then they would eventually shut down. Many of them cant operate while selling a gun or 2 per week if they are lucky enough to be able to get them from their distributors.
    Many of them are price jacking because well it is free enterprise and they can because this is AMERICA and if you and I dont like it then we can go somewhere else. But many of them are also trying to survive this run. If they have to shut down then people are out of jobs which is another hit to the economy and many could draw unemployment which is another hit on that system as well...

Nemick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Fishers
    Within the last 2 weeks I have bought an LPK, charging handle, magpul stock, grip, buffer tube assembly and hand guard at PSS. None of these items appeared to be priced significantly differently than pre panic prices. Good shop in my humble opinion.

jjordan2840

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    lafayette
    I stopped into one I haven't been in much. I was shocked that their prices were not higher. They had a gun I was looking for the same price as it was three months ago.

racersden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Evansville
    Hello

Was in my LGS today to pick up a couple of layaways.

Sig P938 Nightmare pre-owned never shot thou.

Untitled.jpg

Rock River Lar-15 Already added Magpul stock

IMG_0623.jpg

They still have normal prices on handguns. Although selection and inventory is dwindling some. AR's are trickling in they got around 20 AR's last week.

Glen

Top Bottom