• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Stopped at PSS and Bradis today. Prices as normal as they get given the present environment. PSS is limiting 2 boxes of any one type of ammo to manage supply, which I think is a good idea to prevent panic buying.

Picked up a Bersa thunder .380 while I was there. Took it straight to the range and am very happy. Beech Grove range is an amazing indoor range IMHO.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I know a shop that i use has paid a premium, just to get things into the shop, so his prices are elevated, but he paid more. When is it price gouging, and when is it trying to keep up?

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    The two local stores I visit most often are PSS and Bradis. I was looking for a CM9 two weeks ago, and found one in stock at Bradis. I bought it and then was back in the store looking for something else less than a week later. It had jumped $30 from the previous week! I'm not talking trash about the store, I've purchased numerous items from them in the last ten yrs. Take it for what its worth...

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I really don't understand the term "price gouging"? I guess it is when the price is substantially higher than it was a couple months ago, and YOU want the item. Gun shops are not in business to make friends with you. They are in the business for "PROFIT". They sell at the highest prices they can sell at and buy at the lowest they can find. That is AS IT SHOULD BE in a free enterprise society. Anyone who doesn't do this will not remain in business. However much we like and want firearms, they are not like food and water. Almost everyone complaining has firearms and some ammo. If they don't, it is because they didn't consider the ones they want "necessary" until a shortage / panic occurred. These people are in business and MUST make a profit to survive - pay their help, insurance fees, taxes and feed their families. I worked both for myself and had a full time job as an Engineer for many years before retirement. If you think you can keep a business running without profit - more power to you (and just try it). The GS's will drop their prices when people stop paying the marked prices, period. Very few of the complainers would sell the guns and ammo they have for low prices, when the market price is high. I sure won't. I don't complain - do note the prices and avoid paying more then I have too, willing to wait as I have been in a situation where I could and have acquired as much as I really want or need considering the current market. Nor do I blame the people that have panicked, and paid exceptional high prices. They suddenly found themselves unprepared. They may not really had the money to purchase before, and decided to charge the items because they have a real fear they can't get them later. I am one who has lived payday to payday in my life. I remember "panic" buying groceries for my family when a blizzard was forecast. These people are doing the same. Blizzard may or may not hit - as with the gun ban issue But----

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Campbells Firearms in Royal Center maintains there 10% above shop costs for a gun/ammo/etc. I was just down there the other night, and that hasnt changed. Any increases in costs come from the distributors.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The two local stores I visit most often are PSS and Bradis. I was looking for a CM9 two weeks ago, and found one in stock at Bradis. I bought it and then was back in the store looking for something else less than a week later. It had jumped $30 from the previous week! I'm not talking trash about the store, I've purchased numerous items from them in the last ten yrs. Take it for what its worth...

Ever think maybe the gun you got was on sale, and what you perceived as an increase in $30 the next week was actually our regular price? What did you pay for yours, and what was the price the next week?

Prices can fluctuate fairly significantly depending on what the item is and which distributor we got it from, but Kahrs don't normally vary more than $10 one way or the other. That said, when I can find guns on sale at the distributor level, we pass the savings along.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I for 1 wouldn't blame any gun shop for raising there prices for 2 reasons

1- people are more than willing to pay the increased prices for there products

2- They may not even be able to get any product to sell over the next 90-120 days to sell to keep the doors open, and I don't see anyone stepping to the plate to cover there living expenses.

I hope everyone complaining about price gouging remembers this the next time they are asked by there work to forgo a raise so there customers can pay the same prices for there products as they did last year. :patriot:

Some gun owners are starting to sound a lot like the new Socalist Class in America :rolleyes:

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Ever think maybe the gun you got was on sale, and what you perceived as an increase in $30 the next week was actually our regular price? What did you pay for yours, and what was the price the next week?

Prices can fluctuate fairly significantly depending on what the item is and which distributor we got it from, but Kahrs don't normally vary more than $10 one way or the other. That said, when I can find guns on sale at the distributor level, we pass the savings along.

I got mine for 399, pretty sure it was 429 the next time I came in. I could be wrong, it might have been 419 the second time in. I had been looking lots of places at lots of different guns. If thats the case then I apologize for my mistake. I just noticed that it was more than I paid a week earlier.

I visit Bradis quite often and had been looking at the cm9 for some time. I watch the Bradis page on here and get the "weekly specials" email. I havent seen any sale prices on the cm9 since you guys had the factory blems. Again, if im mistaken and it was on sale when I purchased then my bad.

My previous post might have come off wrong, im not bashing Bradis, I will still be supporting the shop.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I for 1 wouldn't blame any gun shop for raising there prices for 2 reasons

1- people are more than willing to pay the increased prices for there products

2- They may not even be able to get any product to sell over the next 90-120 days to sell to keep the doors open, and I don't see anyone stepping to the plate to cover there living expenses.

I hope everyone complaining about price gouging remembers this the next time they are asked by there work to forgo a raise so there customers can pay the same prices for there products as they did last year. :patriot:

Some gun owners are starting to sound a lot like the new Socalist Class in America :rolleyes:

You nailed it! How happy will people be when the LGS closes it's doors because the cant replenish the shelves. If they can't get guns, they can't sell guns.....

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I really don't understand the term "price gouging"? I guess it is when the price is substantially higher than it was a couple months ago, and YOU want the item. Gun shops are not in business to make friends with you. They are in the business for "PROFIT". They sell at the highest prices they can sell at and buy at the lowest they can find. That is AS IT SHOULD BE in a free enterprise society. Anyone who doesn't do this will not remain in business. However much we like and want firearms, they are not like food and water. Almost everyone complaining has firearms and some ammo. If they don't, it is because they didn't consider the ones they want "necessary" until a shortage / panic occurred. These people are in business and MUST make a profit to survive - pay their help, insurance fees, taxes and feed their families. I worked both for myself and had a full time job as an Engineer for many years before retirement. If you think you can keep a business running without profit - more power to you (and just try it). The GS's will drop their prices when people stop paying the marked prices, period. Very few of the complainers would sell the guns and ammo they have for low prices, when the market price is high. I sure won't. I don't complain - do note the prices and avoid paying more then I have too, willing to wait as I have been in a situation where I could and have acquired as much as I really want or need considering the current market. Nor do I blame the people that have panicked, and paid exceptional high prices. They suddenly found themselves unprepared. They may not really had the money to purchase before, and decided to charge the items because they have a real fear they can't get them later. I am one who has lived payday to payday in my life. I remember "panic" buying groceries for my family when a blizzard was forecast. These people are doing the same. Blizzard may or may not hit - as with the gun ban issue But----

Not arguing with your ideas here but then I guess playing the flip side would be that it's just business when customers shop for the best bargain and hit wally world when they have lower prices on firearms. Recently threads abounded chastizing people for not patronizing the LGS....hey business is business. I no longer feel any allegiance to the LGS, cheaper is better. I'm prepared and if your business can't survive, then I guess you (not you of course) didn't plan better.

Walken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Clark County
    They either jack up their prices or have empty shelves. It's one or the other.

Hopefully manufactures are running overtime to meet the demand.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    I believe some price gouging is actually illegal such as on gasoline and food. I guess the politicians just want it that way.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I got mine for 399, pretty sure it was 429 the next time I came in. I could be wrong, it might have been 419 the second time in. I had been looking lots of places at lots of different guns. If thats the case then I apologize for my mistake. I just noticed that it was more than I paid a week earlier.

$419 is our regular price on the CMs; $399 on the CWs.

Top Bottom