• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    Looks like my setup. I have a Rossi 16" barrel with the big John Wayne/Rifleman loop. Got 2", 3", 4", 6", and 7-1/2" (Blackhawk) revolvers to go with. I like my .38/.357's, no let me rephrase, I loves them. :) My son and I cast and reload for them, we can shoot them cheaper than 22lr, even before the panic.

I have my dad's 45 Colt lever action Rossi as well, my son loves shooting it. Long barrel so we hand load real thumpers for it since the handgun combo is a Ruger Blackhawk. That one is now his, dad would be happy with that. If I got another, I would want a 16" barrel 454 Casul since they shoot regular 45's as well and find me a nice Redhawk to go with. Then cast and load some really badazz thumpers.

I've been lusting for a 16" Rossi Mod. 92 in .357 for a while now. I've a friend who has one & it's sweet. They're kinda hard to come by with a Social Security cheque, so I'll just continue to lust for now.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The Henry centerfire guns most of the folks here are mentioning have neither zinc alloy frames nor " plastic parts" but are very substantial guns built to a high standard and cost as much or more than any Marlin made today. There is quite a difference between the rimfire and centerfire .

Henry did lose the plastic sights on their base grade 22s in favor of metal some years back.

The Henry Brasslite receivers are made of ZAMAK It's a alloy Z-Zinc, A-Aluminum, MA-Magnesium, and K-Kopper. In German copper starts with a K. As for plastics Henry stopped using them for the front sight/barrel band a long time ago. And they will replace them free of charge. And I believe they were used only on the H-001's for a short time. The only plastic or polymer parts I have seen on my Henry's is the mag tube follower.

They aren't cheaply made guns. I'll shoot next to a Marlin or anything else for that matter. It will keep up. I like that it is made in America with American sourced materials. Quality is great and Henry has always been great on the PH for support!

That being said I'll own a Marlin 45-70 CB when I get the chance to handle a good one! I want one really bad! I am planning on a big Marlin come back! But my henry's are staying!

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    The centerfire receivers aren't made from Brasslite, they are made from ( depending on model) either solid brass or steel.
    Brasslite is a plating over the zamac on the Goldenboy rimfires.

BStarkey 46947

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    I would go with a 94 in 30-30 as they are the cheapest lever gun to purchase ($3-400 for a shooter). 44 Mag and 357 are higher entry points in Indiana due to being Deer legal weapons. I purchased the lever action referenced above to add to my collection (nice like new gun and INGO owner, Brad.) I due tend to be biased toward Winchester but Marlin and Henry's are both good guns depending on the era of production.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a few Winchester 94 models in 30-30, I used to hunt with them in Kentucky. But like said above, 30-30 is not legal for hunting in Indiana.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Actually a Browning BLR takedown in .308 with a scout scope would be tops on my dream list. I have a thing for breakdowns, love that 45 mares leg earlier in the posts... gives me a warm feeling in me nether regions just looking at it.

Top Bottom