• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    So, something that was not legal ANYWHERE, and now is legal many places where it was not legal before, is a loss? Now, I see how some of can think it logical that the best way to protect open carry is to never practice it.

Depends on the state. The following didn't sound like a win for same sex couples to me:

Arizona governor takes away state domestic partner benefits – LGBTQ Nation

There is more bashing of Open Carry in those comments by supposed gun owners than by antis

But some say that a change in the carry law banning open carry could never happen. Makes you wonder.

hdsB09-10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2011
    Carrying does allow you to protect yourself and others. Too many people point the finger at the Police! The Police are there to protect those that are not trained to do so themselves as well as those of us that do carry! Nothing good can come from OCing. It makes yourself a target and draws unwarranted attention to yourself. I understand the argument on OCing however, but why put yourself and your family at greater risk?

The thing is, idiots with guns ruin it for the rest of us! End of story! Stop blaming the Police for what others do! The Police have to react a certain way to ensure they go home at the end of their shift to see their families, as all of us would. The "bad guys" cause the Police to act the way they do. Your experience with the Police depends on your demeanor. I know it sucks to be handcuffed when they find a weapon, not to mention embarrassing. After talking with several law enforcement officers, and experiencing this first hand, if you cooperate and don't act like a fool, you will have a good experience.

Police have more restrictions than we do. We can shoot if we feel threatened and just have to explain later. They have to prove they felt threatened and hope the jury agrees with why they felt that way. It's because of this that I'm a fan of concealed carry only. I know many will disagree. It's just my opinion.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Carrying does allow you to protect yourself and others. Too many people point the finger at the Police! The Police are there to protect those that are not trained to do so themselves as well as those of us that do carry! Nothing good can come from OCing. It makes yourself a target and draws unwarranted attention to yourself. I understand the argument on OCing however, but why put yourself and your family at greater risk?

The thing is, idiots with guns ruin it for the rest of us! End of story! Stop blaming the Police for what others do! The Police have to react a certain way to ensure they go home at the end of their shift to see their families, as all of us would. The "bad guys" cause the Police to act the way they do. Your experience with the Police depends on your demeanor. I know it sucks to be handcuffed when they find a weapon, not to mention embarrassing. After talking with several law enforcement officers, and experiencing this first hand, if you cooperate and don't act like a fool, you will have a good experience.

Police have more restrictions than we do. We can shoot if we feel threatened and just have to explain later. They have to prove they felt threatened and hope the jury agrees with why they felt that way. It's because of this that I'm a fan of concealed carry only. I know many will disagree. It's just my opinion.
    :lmfao: This will not end well....

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville

Really I can just walk out the door see a creepy guy and shoot him. When the cops come and I just can say he looked threatening. We have a jury to deal with you have watched waaaay to much TV.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County

:welcome: to :ingo:

You will need one of these:
    (I suggest you keep it handy)
    11947d1281808221-butthurt-form-internet-version-butthurtform.jpg

Last edited:

hdsB09-10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2011
    Really I can just walk out the door see a creepy guy and shoot him. When the cops come and I just can say he looked threatening. We have a jury to deal with you have watched waaaay to much TV.

I said you have to explain it...just being creepy won't cover it. You know that, I know that, everyone knows that so why do I have to explain it like I would to a 5 year old.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I said you have to explain it...just being creepy won't cover it. You know that, I know that, everyone knows that so why do I have to explain it like I would to a 5 year old.

We have every bit as much of a burden of proof if not more, as we have seen lately, the average person looks at someone with a gun as a danger and trying to prove something. They are less likely to view what a person has done as self defense than a police officer in the same situation.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom