• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have the same setup on my working gun as does Lovemachine. My TLR is on a Streamlight tube mount at 3 o'clock with the corresponding pressure pad on the left side of my Hogue forend. I didn't want the light attached to the forend because I didn't want the light to be moving. I also didn't want any other texture on my forend because that's why I chose Hogue in the first place. The coil cord on the TLR is short and curly enough that it stays tight to the gun and doesn't hang wildly off, it also stays out of the way when running the action. My setup works for me and has proven reliable for countless training hours and many thousands of rounds. YMMV

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I have the same setup on my working gun as does Lovemachine. My TLR is on a Streamlight tube mount at 3 o'clock with the corresponding pressure pad on the left side of my Hogue forend. I didn't want the light attached to the forend because I didn't want the light to be moving. I also didn't want any other texture on my forend because that's why I chose Hogue in the first place. The coil cord on the TLR is short and curly enough that it stays tight to the gun and doesn't hang wildly off, it also stays out of the way when running the action. My setup works for me and has proven reliable for countless training hours and many thousands of rounds. YMMV

Got any pictures of that setup?

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    The only alternative that could work reasonably well that I'm aware of would be a railed forend with a TLR-1 or similar weaponlight attached. This would allow you the same basic manipulation as the Surefire, albeit using two separate pieces.
    Never heard of magpul? Hunks of rail go for $5 and you have many benefits from uisng one.

How much did yours cost?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Just my opinion, the forend grip mounts with rails are the way to go. You don't have a cord hanging from the weapon that can snag. Your hand is usually on the fore grip anyway making manipulation of the light very easy.

The Mako forend I got from Tactical Shotgunner has rails on the bottom and both sides so you can mount the light where its most comfortable for you to use. I mount a TRL-1 on my tactical 870, works perfectly and the TRL-1 has a excellent reputation for durability. Plus I use the same light on my Glock 22. Buy one light that mounts on rails and you wont have to buy anymore lights, just keep moving the one light to the weapon you need.

If you want to go cheap on the light there is a Phase Illumination Weaponlight for $29.00 at Midway USA. It has a clip to mount on rails like the TRL-1. It has 15 reviews so you can get a good idea what others think of it. I have not used mine on a weapon yet and so can not attest to how durable it is. Read the reviews.

Weaponlight White LED batteries (1 CR123A Lithium) fits Picatinny Glock Rails Aluminum Matte

Read my review of the Mako fore grip at Amazon.com:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Mako-Remington-870-Handguards-Rails/product-reviews/B001F0GPZ8/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_5?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addFiveStar[/ame]

That Amazon page has some good comments about the Mako. You will also find a video review of the fore grip and the NEBO PROTEC ELITE HP230 - weapon light there.

My advice is if you can, go to Tactical Shotgunner and talk with the folks there. They are very knowledgeable and will spend the time with you to get the gear that fits you best. I cant say enough good things about them.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I screwed two sections of ATI rail into a wooden forend to accommodate a picatinny mount light (with a diameter of less than 1" so nothing else was available...), and a stubby PG. Pressure switch is held on by rubber innertube.

Looks a little funny, but works great, and before I get any complaints about the color or the forward PG torquing the action bars....Its what she wanted, and I'm just glad I got her shooting it a little.

SU1BRzEwOTcuanBn.jpg

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The only setup I've found to work well for me on a pump is the Surefire integrated forend. Like Esrice pointed out earlier, you typically don't want to leave the light on in a low light, high risk scenario. I've tried the coil switches, and while they do work fine, I don't like the idea of it getting caught on something in a do or die situation.

On my Saiga 12, I've currently got a Surefire M600 Scount mounted with a tape switch and an AFG on my Chaos rail. I freaking love it. In the past, I've had an M3X with tape switch, TLR1, and a 6p in a VTac mount on it without problems.

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    I've posted this before, but I'll throw my .02 in for Surefire; because it works:
    4.jpg

This picture shows the primary on/off switch.
    1.jpg

The momentary pressure switch is in the right most portion of this picture. I have had NO problems with my setup, and combined with the 120 lumen light upgrade, it's always my go to gun.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    junglerouge - that is one nice looking shotty!

What rear sight do you have on it? and what about the front sight?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ive got a burris fast fire II, and have thought about buying that mount for it to try. But I think I would rather have more typical type sights on my primary home defense weapon. Nothing to mess with when I need it. Just point and shoot. ;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom