• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    How many people consider unpleasant weather to be a deterrent to going to the range? What factor does the weather play on the thought process when you find out you have time to go to the range? In other words lets say you find out you have a window of time available to go to the range this weekend that you otherwise didn't know about. You look at the weather and say...1) no way its too cold. 2) I'll have to limit my gun selection to my Mosin since it was designed for this stuff. 3) Finally i will have the shooting bench to myself, this is going to be great, just like the battle of the bulge!

Pics to back up your machismo would be great! (it will give me something to do this weekend since I am home sick and can't go to the range.:D)

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I dont have pics but I went on Tuesday and there was a foot of snow on the range! Plus it looked like no one had plowed in awhile, good thing I have 4 wheel drive!

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    It was Raining, and about 40f on this day (Nov. 29, 2009) This photo is from after a brief rain, before things got REALLY wet.
    4147321264_c8ceac14c0.jpg

Of course the weather didn't stop me from earning Rifleman that day.
    4146562117_70a868026f.jpg

Here's Techres showing off the INGO fleece's ability to keep it's wearer warm.

I was the only one with a Camera on this day (Dec. 19, 2009)
    img_2053.jpg

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have shot in some pretty bad weather, but the only pics I have is from the ACT low light pistol class from last month.

Constant snow, temps in the 10's.

nightshoot2.jpg

nightshoot1.jpg

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    No pics, but i went last year when the temp was in the teens or single digits and the windchill was below zero. It was fun, but short lived.

Edit: The AR's in mud pic makes me cringe. I know they're made for it and it's good to know your gun/equipment/self and all that, but i still cringe a little.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    This is one of my favorite "crappy range weather" pictures, taken at an Appleseed event.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ing_military_fort_stewart_ga_oct_5-9_aar.html

dscn6514.jpg

That was day 1 of the week Appleseed taught the NG troops deploying for combat out of Ft. Stewart. Funny thing is day 1 was water, the rest of the week was blistering GA heat!

Between the marksmanship training, and working in the GA blast furnace in full combat gear, those guys are getting squared away for where they are going...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I've gone when it's rained, but never when there has been snow. I'd like to try it out, but I'll wait until the roads are clear again. The 1 hour drive is long enough.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Sounds like the party's at your place until spring, shibumiseeker! :) I'll bring snacks...

I got the roof poured this summer and it now has doors, locks, heat, and an alarm. All of my reloading equipment is in it. We're going to put a picnic table on top or gazebo with a firing port for prone shooting. I've been wanting this for years.

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    How many people consider unpleasant weather to be a deterrent to going to the range? What factor does the weather play on the thought process when you find out you have time to go to the range? In other words lets say you find out you have a window of time available to go to the range this weekend that you otherwise didn't know about. You look at the weather and say...1) no way its too cold. 2) I'll have to limit my gun selection to my Mosin since it was designed for this stuff. 3) Finally i will have the shooting bench to myself, this is going to be great, just like the battle of the bulge!

Pics to back up your machismo would be great! (it will give me something to do this weekend since I am home sick and can't go to the range.:D)

See that 44 laying in my lap?
    aRWBKayak736.jpg

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    ^^^ You are a MUCH more confident kayaker than I! Looks really fun though. I've canoed with snow on the ground, but I've never kayaked/canoed when it was actually snowing.

Top Bottom