• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I needed to modify the gun safe to store more items than what the factory configuration could handle. Liberty doesn't sell any aftermarket shelf accessories so I ended up making my own from particle board, felt and marine seat cushion trim.

View attachment 265627
    You’d never guess it wasn’t a factory piece! Excellent work!

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    I almost cut one last night just to see but I figured I should hold off until I’m ready to use them.
    You have more self control than I do. I wanted to split them when I pulled them out. :nailbite:
    When I made pens, I pulled them from the mold, and they went straight to the lathe.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    View attachment 265647
    Got a hot one in the forge. Just roughed in the bevels and have it annealing in the forge now while my “zombie slayer” as my wife named it, is tempering. I really have to get myself some blacksmith tongs and a proper anvil!
    You could always make a pair of tongs.

You could make them from just straight stock or you could also go the "rapid tongs" route. With rapid tongs for around 30-40 bucks you get blanks for 5 different styles and then just draw out the reins and slap them together.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    You could always make a pair of tongs.

You could make them from just straight stock or you could also go the "rapid tongs" route. With rapid tongs for around 30-40 bucks you get blanks for 5 different styles and then just draw out the reins and slap them together.
    I thought about making them but I’d rather just buy some, to be completely honest. Are the rapid tongs you’re referring to the ones I see on Amazon?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I thought about making them but I’d rather just buy some, to be completely honest. Are the rapid tongs you’re referring to the ones I see on Amazon?
    Yep sure are.
    I bought a set but never finished any bc all my tings are hand made from stock.

Blackbear forge has a few videos on YouTube on how to complete the rapid tongs.

Basically you draw out the reins to the desired length (or leave them as is) then you adjust the bits, drill the rivot hole and rivot together. Then once you get them all together. Get em hot and pick up your typical stock and clamp the bit and stock in a clamp to tune them to what you use.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Thank you! Got an order for a kitchen knife I’m going to be using your purple scales on with some stainless bolsters, should look pretty sweet together!
    I can't wait to see it. Curious what the purple looks like.
    If it turns out anywhere close to this one, someone is going to be very happy.

Top Bottom