• ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Made this tv stand for the basement tv a few years ago. Had to take down an oak when adding to my barn when I lived by Lafayette in 2000. The tree started its life around the civil war. Hated to take it down. No branches for about 30 feet, too nice for firewood so I had a guy slab it for me. Got numerous 1x12x10’ and a few 2x12x10’. Slabber kept half the wood for his fee. Made the adjustable bracket holding the TV out of wood also. Wires run behind the stand and 120 v plug installed above the hanging ceiling.

IMG_0938.jpeg

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Love the blades.
    IMO, they would look amazing with a stabilized burl, or maybe a hybrid handle.
    I’ve thought about doing some burls on them, I’m just having a hard time pulling the trigger on them, Burl scales are stupid expensive. I’m on the hunt for some though!

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Been a long process. Tore the old decks down about 4 years ago and put in the cement patio. Then added the brick grilling area the next year. Originally had some paver stones there when we bought the house that were pretty much useless. My dad and uncles got the bricks from Chicago roads probably 90 years ago. Last year got a Kamado Joe grill. Was not going to leave it in the weather so it’s been stored in the garage the last year between uses. Finally got around to building the awning over the grilling area. Got the hanging lights years ago at a yard sale. Supposedly from an old school from the Indy area. Ceiling was from a load of repurposed 4x4’s that I slabbed into 5/16 strips. The 6 “wall” lights are on a motion detector. The bricks along the outside of the sidewalk are also a french drain and make mowing easier. Works well. I have French drains in other areas too. Too many leaves for gutters. The overall dimensions are 19’ wide by 10.5’ deep. Overall very happy.IMG_0116.jpegIMG_0160.jpegIMG_0941.jpegIMG_0942.jpegIMG_0939.jpeg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I attempted to make a sign for my best friend for his birthday using the laser. I tried frosting some clear acrylic and cut and glued black acrylic onto it and backlit it in a frame. It was ok but I wasn't very proud of it and the significance behind the logo had it chewing on me. So I did some research and decided to give it another try yesterday and I'm pretty proud of this version. I ended up making two more today and really enjoy it. $5 LED strips from Menards, $10 in poplar, some Titebond glue and a $2.50 mirror can come together to make something pretty cool. If I can figure out how to post the video.....

VostocK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    I attempted to make a sign for my best friend for his birthday

As soon as the video started I thought " Wow, dude is giving his best friend a blue falcon themed gift for his birthday, that's harsh, I love it !" Those signs look really slick though. They look professionally done.

My mind is thinking of all the inappropriate things I could laser engrave on random items. Now you have me looking into buying a laser engraving machine at 3:30 in the morning ! I'm sure this will end well.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    I attempted to make a sign for my best friend for his birthday using the laser. I tried frosting some clear acrylic and cut and glued black acrylic onto it and backlit it in a frame. It was ok but I wasn't very proud of it and the significance behind the logo had it chewing on me. So I did some research and decided to give it another try yesterday and I'm pretty proud of this version. I ended up making two more today and really enjoy it. $5 LED strips from Menards, $10 in poplar, some Titebond glue and a $2.50 mirror can come together to make something pretty cool. If I can figure out how to post the video.....

To eliminate the hotspots, try using edge lit. It gives an even glow. Of course, you may have preferred yours over edge lit.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Been busy this week! Started forging out a giant Bowie, then had a guy order 3 knives so I’ve been humping :)
    I finished these today, first my giant Bowie 9 1/2” blade, 14 1/2” overall, made out of a leaf spring of a trash truck, that’s some tough steel! IMG_2095.jpegIMG_2096.jpeg
    Then my drop point skinner and a fillet knife in orange. 80CRV2 for the drop point, 15N20 for the fillet
    IMG_2105.jpegIMG_2108.jpegIMG_2107.jpeg
    Got one more drop point to make a sheath for and that order will be completed.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Alway have a “beater” tractor for hauling fire wood and vacuuming leaves while the primary tractor is for mowing and plowing snow or any bucket work. Picked up a decent AC 916 from the son of the original owner last year. Engine was rebuilt several years earlier for more than I paid for the tractor. Always liked AC and the style of these tractors. Learned the hard way that the deck is left hand discharge. Most everything today is right hand discharge. Can’t vacuum leaves without a hose deck adapter and if you could find a left discharge one, $$$. Made a half azz one last year to get by with. Made one this year out of some scrap stainless. Not the prettiest thing I ever made. Needless to say, best set up I’ve had with respect to not clogging and being able to clear a clog. Bought the leaf vac used about 4 years ago when my old one bit the dust. Made the box and mounted on the original DR trailer after the first season I had it. About 64 cuft. The original DR box was too small and I was emptying it more than vacuuming leaves.IMG_0957.jpeg IMG_0956.jpegIMG_0986.jpeg

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Alway have a “beater” tractor for hauling fire wood and vacuuming leaves while the primary tractor is for mowing and plowing snow or any bucket work. Picked up a decent AC 916 from the son of the original owner last year. Engine was rebuilt several years earlier for more than I paid for the tractor. Always liked AC and the style of these tractors. Learned the hard way that the deck is left hand discharge. Most everything today is right hand discharge. Can’t vacuum leaves without a hose deck adapter and if you could find a left discharge one, $$$. Made a half azz one last year to get by with. Made one this year out of some scrap stainless. Not the prettiest thing I ever made. Needless to say, best set up I’ve had with respect to not clogging and being able to clear a clog. Bought the leaf vac used about 4 years ago when my old one bit the dust. Made the box and mounted on the original DR trailer after the first season I had it. About 64 cuft. The original DR box was too small and I was emptying it more than vacuuming leaves.View attachment 311643 View attachment 311648View attachment 311644

That actualy looks overbuilt for the purpose, but scrap is scrap!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom