• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who is your ideal President of the three names consistantly on ballots?

• Total voters

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    When/where did Virgil Goode (who's one relative probably doesn't know is running) declare to be a write-in.

Well, I saw Virgil Goode on Fox Business and he said that he wasn't on the ballot in every state but you could still write him in if he wasn't on the ballot. Sorta made the cardinal sin of assuming he had done everything necessary.

Upon further review, I'm not so sure. This is the only list I could find on the SoS website but I think it's from the 2008 election? Nader is there and Howard Phillips is the Constitution Party candidate. I'm pretty confident Nader isn't running and I think Phillips has moved on as well as the fact that Goode is their guy.

Weird that there isn't something current. Based on the fact that the constitution party has had a write in candidate in the past (or now :dunno:) I think it would be a safe inference that Goode would be eligible but to be 100% sure, the SoS office probably needs a phone call. I'm not voting for a candidate not on the Indiana ballot so I'm not willing to make the call.

Secretary of State : Election Division: List of Write-in Candidates

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    3rfq4h.jpg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Well, I saw Virgil Goode on Fox Business and he said that he wasn't on the ballot in every state but you could still write him in if he wasn't on the ballot. Sorta made the cardinal sin of assuming he had done everything necessary.

Upon further review, I'm not so sure. This is the only list I could find on the SoS website but I think it's from the 2008 election? Nader is there and Howard Phillips is the Constitution Party candidate. I'm pretty confident Nader isn't running and I think Phillips has moved on as well as the fact that Goode is their guy.

Weird that there isn't something current. Based on the fact that the constitution party has had a write in candidate in the past (or now :dunno:) I think it would be a safe inference that Goode would be eligible but to be 100% sure, the SoS office probably needs a phone call. I'm not voting for a candidate not on the Indiana ballot so I'm not willing to make the call.

Secretary of State : Election Division: List of Write-in Candidates

I give you credit for trying to find out the facts, unlike the OP who started a thread an has presented nothing but wrong information....still waiting for your links OP. Its not as hard as you would think...try google Virgil Goode, try Constitution Party.....or simple go to Facebook an type in Virgil Goode.....you can also find current info on Wikipeeia on write in states an such. Indiana is a write in state, an Virgil Goode of the Constitutional Party is there an the vote will count.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I give you credit for trying to find out the facts, unlike the OP who started a thread an has presented nothing but wrong information....still waiting for your links OP. Its not as hard as you would think...try google Virgil Goode, try Constitution Party.....or simple go to Facebook an type in Virgil Goode.....you can also find current info on Wikipeeia on write in states an such. Indiana is a write in state, an Virgil Goode of the Constitutional Party is there an the vote will count.
    I mis-spoke and later corrected the statement, I did not present "nothing but wrong information". I also presented you with the INDIANA CODE and asked when/where Virgil Good declared as a write-in candidate and you haven't answered. Wikipedia is not a "source", we're not in third grade.

Also, if you really want to get down to the nitty gritty, I started a thread asking a very specific question and YOU came in and derailed it, no one else.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    On second thought, don't waste your time informing when Virgil Goode got on the ballot. One stop on his page shows him to be a lunatic. He is from the "Constitution Party" but opposes abortion? Where is abortion covered in our Constitution. He wants to stop illegal immigration, awesome. But wait, he wants to stop legal immigration too? He wants to put a moratorium on legal green cards? Land of the free, home of the brave, indeed!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    On second thought, don't waste your time informing when Virgil Goode got on the ballot. One stop on his page shows him to be a lunatic. He is from the "Constitution Party" but opposes abortion? Where is abortion covered in our Constitution. He wants to stop illegal immigration, awesome. But wait, he wants to stop legal immigration too? He wants to put a moratorium on legal green cards? Land of the free, home of the brave, indeed!

Now after all your wrong info, you decide to attack me for speaking on a open an free forum because you can't man up an admit your simply wrong.....I could care less what you think of me or the (C) party. You gave wrong info for what ever reason an now you suffer from butthurt. Get over it.:(

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Now after all your wrong info, you decide to attack me for speaking on a open an free forum because you can't man up an admit your simply wrong.....I could care less what you think of me or the (C) party. You gave wrong info for what ever reason an now you suffer from butthurt. Get over it.:(
    Where did I attack you? Where, please? Because I pointed out that you derailed a thread? That's an attack?

Also, if you'd actually take the time to read anything, you'd see that I DID admit that I didn't clearly convey what I was saying. I then came back and used the actual IC to back my statements. I also asked for you to show where Mr. Goode is shown as declaring himself as a write-in, I'll wait longer I guess.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    Goodes campaign site has him listed as a write in on the Indiana ballot.

---We are on the ballot in:

Alabama, *Arizona, Colorado, Florida, *Georgia, Idaho, *Illinois, *Indiana, Iowa, *Kentucky, Louisiana, *Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, *Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York *North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, *Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, *West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

* Write in

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood

Hmm, I am not sure what to think about that one. I was under the impression I could right in whoever I wanted to at the poles. Am I wrong?

And to answer the OP, I have been a long time supporter of Ron Paul. I have known of Gary Johnson for some time as well, though he always took a 2nd chair to my first choice. However, if my first choice is not an option then I revert to my secondary!

Top Bottom