• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    An engineer, a physicist, and a mathematician are given a problem solving test.

The engineer is first. When directed, he opens a door and sees a fire, a faucet, and a small trash can. He enters the room, fills the can with water, douses the fire, and emerges from the room saying, "The problem is solved."

The physicist opens the door and sees the same scenario. He enters the room, fills the trash can with water, but then places the can full of water near the fire. When he exits the room, he says, "The solution is left to the reader."

The mathematician opens the door, looks inside, then closes the door. Then he says, "The solution exists."

I still don't understand this topic.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    When you start adding in other cultures and ethnicities into this... It REALLY gets interesting!

I used to work with several Indian and one Iranian engineer. I'm quite glad that the vast majority of them had been in the US for ~20 years or more.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    When you start adding in other cultures and ethnicities into this... It REALLY gets interesting!

I used to work with several Indian and one Iranian engineer. I'm quite glad that the vast majority of them had been in the US for ~20 years or more.

We had a ton of Chinese students in engineering school, and THEY WERE THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF CHEATERS I HAVE EVER SEEN. I don't know what the deal was, but my professors had to watch them like hawks during test time!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Why are we making fun of Mr. 88GT? He sounds like a brilliant, patient and fine upstanding man. Not only for being an engineer, but also putting up with 88GT herself.

He should get props for putting up with me. He's a pretty awesome husband and dad.

New topic.

Q: How many stay-at-home moms does it take to sit around and watch soap operas all day?

A: 1

Git yer own thread. :D

Oh Crap, I'm out before 88GT returns.
    You can run, but you can't hide.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I still don't understand any of this. ANY OF IT!
    whut-i-dont-understand-this.jpg

Top Bottom