• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    How do you tell if an engineer is an introvert or an extrovert?

An engineer who is an introvert stares at his shoes when he talks to you; an extrovert stares at your shoes.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    You know, I never thought about this until now but I think you're right. Most of us are pretty darn cheap.

Just leave out food after a meeting and see how quickly it disappears. Some places, we have to leave someone to guard food so that the people involved with the meeting could eat before the scavengers got to it. At one company I worked for, we had engineers show up to meetings they weren't invited to, just for lunch.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Just leave out food after a meeting and see how quickly it disappears. Some places, we have to leave someone to guard food so that the people involved with the meeting could eat before the scavengers got to it. At one company I worked for, we had engineers show up to meetings they weren't invited to, just for lunch.

Buncha fatties, aren't we

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

:laugh: We had this one guy that actually brought his family to a "off-site" meeting one time so they could eat off the serving line. This guy was legend.:laugh:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Psshhh. I'm a program manager now. So I'm still fat, but now it's your fault.

images

"Program Managers. I hate these guys."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Understanding Engineers #1

Two engineering students were biking across a university campus when one said, "Where did you get such a great bike?" The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday, minding my own business, when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike, threw it to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want." The first engineer nodded approvingly and said, "Good choice: The clothes probably wouldn't have fit you anyway."

This one reminded me of this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLB-uMPj27s

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    fine, they're smart, they're weird, they're cheap, whatever. as long as they get my train to arrive on time, i don't care what sort of habits they have.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    fine, they're smart, they're weird, they're cheap, whatever. as long as they get my train to arrive on time, i don't care what sort of habits they have.

My roommate from most of undergrad had that talk with his aging grandmother.

G - What are you studying in school?
    R - I'm studying to become an engineer.
    G - Well you be sure to give me a ride on that train when you come through town.
    R - uhh..... Yes Ma'am... I sure will....

Top Bottom