• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    In general, I am unavailable Monday through Wednesday. Other days will depend on the date. Thursdays and Fridays are generall the best for me, followed by the weekend (during winter).

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I wonder, if I tell everyone what happened at dinner last evening with the rhino, if people will still want to have a meal with him.

Hint: He didn't blind himself with his flashlight this time.
    Hint #2: It involved handcuffs!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I wonder, if I tell everyone what happened at dinner last evening with the rhino, if people will still want to have a meal with him.

Hint: He didn't blind himself with his flashlight this time.
    Hint #2: It involved handcuffs!

So are you saying that I should bring or should not bring handcuffs to a Rhino lunch or he'll just bring his own :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It was naive of me to believe that this story might not see the light of day online.

<sigh>

I heard a ratcheting sound. I asked minuteman32 what it was. It was his handcuffs. I asked if I could see them. He let me handle them. Within 60 seconds of having them in my hands, I had one of them locked around my left wrist. It was a handcuff negligent discharge.

The sad thing is, I didn't ask to make sure he had a key. I just felt the moving part fly around and catch, then learned I could not extricate my hand, and had that sinking, "Uh-oh . . ." feeling. It should come as no surprise to you all that I get that Uh-oh feeling frequently.

For those who are curious, it doesn't take much pressure for the moving part of the handcuff to spin around the wrist and engage the ratchet. In fact, it takes surprisingly little pressure for that to happen. Thus, I really was surprised when it happened.

Is anyone still curious why I am not allowed to use or even handle tools?

Fortunately for me, minuteman32 had a key. Even more fortunately for me, I didn't get both of them locked on the same wrist with the locks facing each other. With hinged cuffs, that can present an interesting challenge in releasing the fool who trapped himself. Don't ask me how I know this.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Wish you guys could have done it Friday, I don't have class. Let's see, lunch time Thursday I'll be in the class with my favorite Obama preaching professor...hmmm, the choices we must make :noway:

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Dude, that wasn't a dream?! I was so sleepy that I thought I was dreaming. Well, not like I dream about you a lot....... er,..... nevermind.....

Maybe I'll get some sleep @ work today..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It was naive of me to believe that this story might not see the light of day online.

<sigh>

I heard a ratcheting sound. I asked minuteman32 what it was. It was his handcuffs. I asked if I could see them. He let me handle them. Within 60 seconds of having them in my hands, I had one of them locked around my left wrist. It was a handcuff negligent discharge.

The sad thing is, I didn't ask to make sure he had a key. I just felt the moving part fly around and catch, then learned I could not extricate my hand, and had that sinking, "Uh-oh . . ." feeling. It should come as no surprise to you all that I get that Uh-oh feeling frequently.

For those who are curious, it doesn't take much pressure for the moving part of the handcuff to spin around the wrist and engage the ratchet. In fact, it takes surprisingly little pressure for that to happen. Thus, I really was surprised when it happened.

Is anyone still curious why I am not allowed to use or even handle tools?

Fortunately for me, minuteman32 had a key. Even more fortunately for me, I didn't get both of them locked on the same wrist with the locks facing each other. With hinged cuffs, that can present an interesting challenge in releasing the fool who trapped himself. Don't ask me how I know this.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Today's meeting was successful.

I'd like to share the following facts:

1. I was punctual. On time. Not late. At all. (slow1911s will not believe this)
    2. I did not do anything overtly stupid such as getting myself caught in handcuffs or blinding myself with my own flashlight.
    3. Beef House rolls continue to be awesome.
    4. Leftovers of a huge slab of beef are awesome, as are leftover rolls.
    5. There was some open carry happening and the world did not end. In fact, I saw a judge from Montgomery County there and engaged him in conversation. He was in a group of about 20 people involved in west central Indiana corrections, so I'm guessing open carry of a sharpened toothbrush hand or a bar of soap in a sock might have warranted more attention from them.
    6. Afterward at Darrel's I resisted strong temptation (a Tikka .308).

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Man, I wish I could have been there, for both the comradery and the food. We'll get that next time set up real soon so I can make good on my intent to buy Rhino's lunch.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I was not shot by either of the Virays. I was threatened on more than one occasion, but not shot.:):

Nice lunch and trip to Darrel's.:yesway:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Well, I wish that I had made the luncheon trip and had good intentions for attending but I sat surfing the web and then realized that it was 10 AM, horses to be fed and at least a one hour drive to be made. Needless to say I procrastinated and didn't commit in time to make it.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i believe we had a pretty good time. rhino's list is accurate as are atm's comments. i highly recommend the beef house as a venue for any meeting. there was a group of school girls that rhino mostly ignored.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well, I wish that I had made the luncheon trip and had good intentions for attending but I sat surfing the web and then realized that it was 10 AM, horses to be fed and at least a one hour drive to be made. Needless to say I procrastinated and didn't commit in time to make it.

You remind me of me, sir.

Next time!

Top Bottom