• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • standanjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Nah. Not really. I carry it everywhere, every day. Nothing happens. Ever. We live in boring nowheresville. Do I REALLY need it? No way. It's Thanksgiving, and my pants are going to be tight. Really tight.

We just get home, and my wife is yacking to my sister. Growl. Let Mr. pack mule carry in all the crap from the garage. I start out into the garage to which she left the door open, and I see a young man in a hoodie IN OUR GARAGE, just strolling around our car.

Are you $%^#$ing kidding me? Sure, there's a pistol in the toolbox. Mr. hoodie is between me and the toolbox. I can't really get it without really putting myself in jepordy. Ok, no more suspense, I strapped it on this morning. I walk out and "calmly" ask if he is lost. The young hispanic man is obviously blitzed out of his mind. He mumbles something half audibly. "Nesecitas ayuda?, " I ask. He mumbles something, again half audibly. I calmly tell him he needs to get out as I am frantically trying to figure out if he is alone or if I he is the decoy. He stumbles out into the evening without a care.
    I close the door, clear the garage, and follow him for a block or two. As I see him dancing around on the sidewalk, my first thought is "He needs better friends." I go back in and check on my wife, and I realize that what I needed was my cell phone to call the police to pick him up. His next escapade might be with someone who is a little less reserved on the trigger.
    Keep your @#$%@ sidearm on your hip where it belongs. Did I need it tonight? Maybe not. Would I have regretted it if I had not had it? Yup.
    From nowheresville to you,
    Standanjohn

pate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Bloomington area
    wow i could see that being a bit creepy!! i would have deffinatly called the police or beat the ***** out of him for being in my garage!! whos to say he wont come back again??

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Isn't that the way it always works. Carry the piece religiously for days, weeks, months, and the one time you slip it somewhere close.....the bad guy is between you and your firearm.

I had an old cop ask me once....Under what circumstances would you ever give up your weapon?......My answer was NEVER. The principle is the same.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yea, years ago (2004) my wife and I were spur of the moment car shopping on Pendleton Pike. It was after dark and she was a couple rows away looking at another car as I was closer to our Blazer. I saw out of the corner of my eye a man approaching us with a paper bag over his right hand like a glove..............I am from Detroit, there this hand/bag combo is suspicious so I figured he was going to Jack one of us, as he had left the sidewalk to cut through the lot. I tried to get back to my Blazer where I had unfortunately left Mr. Glock. The trajectory of his path cut me off from getting to my Glock-26 that I had always kept 24/7 hidden inside. "Oh Crap", no pocket knife folder in my jeans pocket Indiana style either, I am screwed thought I, but as he got close to me and passed he did nothing but nod acknowledgment and keep on trucking along his short cut, hand in bag protecting his Tacos or whatever from me I guess..........anyway, kid now drives the Blazer, wife still owns a 2004 Taurus, and I learned right then to practice my 2nd Amendment rights with the Indiana LTCH privilege, and although that Glock-26 still rides with me daily in (Don't laugh) a 2008 Saturn Vue (next buys for the rest of my life will be a Pick-up trucks), I carry a Glock-27 or Glock-23 now about 75% of the time I am out and about. I know it should be 100% as those small trips to the market, corner gas station, wal greens, fast food etc,etc, can be the one (ask the surviving soldiers after a morning at IHOP), I feel good knowing how society is and hopefuly will be ready (Remember the Lawrence restaurant shooting in the mid 90's), or deader than $#!+, at which point my last thoughts will be again "Oh Crap".

Ineverfollow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Madison County
    I have a blacked out Trailblazer SS which I never drive because it gets 12mpg on 93 octane. I got off work a little early and pulled onto my road at about 2:50am. I stopped at the stop sign and saw something move from my truck to the side of my house. I sat there for a second thinking did I just see that. Then I saw the same thing again I took off like a bat out of hell to my drive way stopped in front of the house jumped out ran up to the right side of my house listening for them to jump over our fence. I yelled "I saw you punks." Then I Ran in the house and grabbed my .357 and a Stramlight ran back out side went to the fence and shined the light around saw nothing but my dog which I thought was odd that he was outside. I turned around and saw 2 guys in all black with a back packs on hiding behind my AC unit. I pulled out the model 66 and ordered them to show there hands. Scared the hell out of them marched them to the road wile I called the police. Boys in blue show up and told them to go home. Officer comes up to me told me great job and the kids would never steal again. I walked inside and went to unload my gun. It was empty. I could not believe I pulled an unloaded gun on someone

trigger_happy57

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    indy
    i was worried about leaving anything of value in our house this thanksgiving after being broke into before and the bg knowing most people are at relatives this time of yr leaving their houses unattended so since i dont have a safe i took most of my guns to my father inlaws and put them in his safe and the ones that wouldnt fit i removed the bolts or slides and hid them very well and took the bolts with me and carried my sig all day long and stopped by the house a couple of times to check call me paranoid but our area is getting worse. i figure if they make it away with a gun they cant shoot it. i am hoping the wife doing some black friday shopping will pick a safe for me ; ).

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I carry at all times, if I'm not in bed, my gun is on me. My wife used to think I was crazy for having my gun on me while holding down the couch watching tv, but now she is in the process of getting her LTCH, too, and I'm sure that in no time, she'll be carrying at all times as well. The world sucks, drugged out zombies are everywhere, it's just too risky to not carry at all times these days.

gajones06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    There was one night where me and a friend where out and came back to his parents place. I thought I saw something move out in their pole barn and since his dad wasn't home me and my 1911 went to investigate. I caught a guy that was stealing power tools and walking them to his truck parked on the back side of the pole barn. I caught him as he came back out. Made him sit down and wait while the police showed up. The worse part of all this is the police acted like I was the criminal for having a gun..responding officer seemed like a small town Barny Fife kind of guy...so both me and the bad guy ended up in handcuffs while he checked out the barn..I never felt so humiliated for doing the right thing....

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Carried at the hotel, at the nephews house, at the hospital (my daughter cut her finger on a can), and during the game...GO PACK, and then back to nephews house for dinner!

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    I always feel like the one time I choose not to carry will be the one time something happens.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    The worse part of all this is the police acted like I was the criminal for having a gun..responding officer seemed like a small town Barny Fife kind of guy...so both me and the bad guy ended up in handcuffs while he checked out the barn..I never felt so humiliated for doing the right thing....
    unfortunately this happens alot...especially with some of the impd guys "just wanting to make sure all things are ligit"

:ingo:

Last edited:

gajones06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Well I have no problem with the officer wanting to feel safe. I just feel like its guilty until proven innocent...

Top Bottom