Lesbian's brutal gang rape investigated in Calif.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Based on that thought process how do you square that with Bi-sexuals?

How about this:

Bi-Sexual
    Heterosexual
    Homosexual

You are what you are and the hand is played at birth. You can work that towards good or bad, but what makes you go Zing is set.

That is why there are pedophiles that are straight and those that are gay (the former groups statistically is larger than the second, BTW). But just the same, the preference setting is set.

You can ask people to be celibate, but you cannot really change what excites them. Frankly, if you could - there would not be many gays as life is just easier as a straight.

Now Bi-sexuals have one great advantage as they can choose the person that they are with (which means appearing either gay or straight). But that is not the same as choosing to be gay or straight as a Bi-Sexual will never be able to find a guys butt as truly revolting in the way a straight guy does.

Make sense?

P.S. Not to take this up a notch, but I find it interesting that the very same people who bring up deviants and sexuality also are the ones that often state that sexual deviants like pedophiles can never be cured. I.E. that their sexual preference is so set that the state is completely unable with all its powers to change their "choice". By that I mean, are we not saying that they are "set" and not "choosing" and so they can never be trusted once found? Just a side note that I find interesting. And do not misunderstand me - I think they are set and can never be fixed (just as all people are "set" and cannot be "fixed").

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    How about this:

Bi-Sexual
    Heterosexual
    Homosexual

You are what you are and the hand is played at birth. You can work that towards good or bad, but what makes you go Zing is set.

That is why there are pedophiles that are straight and those that are gay (the former groups statistically is larger than the second, BTW). But just the same, the preference setting is set.

You can ask people to be celibate, but you cannot really change what excites them. Frankly, if you could - there would not be many gays as life is just easier as a straight.

Now Bi-sexuals have one great advantage as they can choose the person that they are with (which means appearing either gay or straight). But that is not the same as choosing to be gay or straight as a Bi-Sexual will never be able to find a guys butt as truly revolting in the way a straight guy does.

Make sense?

P.S. Not to take this up a notch, but I find it interesting that the very same people who bring up deviants and sexuality also are the ones that often state that sexual deviants like pedophiles can never be cured. I.E. that their sexual preference is so set that the state is completely unable with all its powers to change their "choice". By that I mean, are we not saying that they are "set" and not "choosing" and so they can never be trusted once found? Just a side note that I find interesting. And do not misunderstand me - I think they are set and can never be fixed (just as all people are "set" and cannot be "fixed").

Yeah that makes sense and is a good point to argue. I just happen to disagree with it.
    How do people go through life with families and then suddenly turn gay?
    Well the argument would be they were always gay and living a lie.
    I suggest that they made a choice and changed their mind. Maybe one day their will be medical proof, but I think we choose how to behave in all of our actions and sex is not an action that gets a pass so we can justify our choice.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Homosexual behavior has been observed in primates. Is their intelligence on par with humans, that they can make this "lifestyle choice," or is their behavior innate, given the wide belief that animals act only on instinct and not conscious thought like humans?

Dogs will have sex with anything animate or inanimate. I think to some people, as long as it feels good whats the big deal?
    While we can disagree on it being predetermined or choice, we can agree that individuals should have the freedom to make their choice as long as it hurts no one.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I've been friends with several men that were gay. I can tell you that they all knew they were gay from an early age. But, pressure from society, etc. often times led them down a path where they tried to be straight. One of my friends was in the military for 10 years, and he was married. He was simply trying to live a life that his parents and family wanted.

I strongly feel that people are born with gay tendencies. Maybe it's genetic. But, who would actually choose such a difficult life? Imagine knowing that so many people don't approve of your lifestyle.

I'm also not quite sure why people care so much. Gay people are not more likely to be pedophiles or deviants, and they are often some of the most productive members of society. Who people choose to be with is their choice.

I would agree that the hate crime designation is ridiculous. Rape is pretty damned awful no matter whether it's a lesbian or a straight woman that is attacked.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Everyone is pretty well set on whether they accept this lifestyle or not. I don't think anyone here is going to change their minds either way. Just a thought. Almost as bad as the 9mm vs. .45 controversy :-)

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Everyone is pretty well set on whether they accept this lifestyle or not. I don't think anyone here is going to change their minds either way. Just a thought. Almost as bad as the 9mm vs. .45 controversy :-)

Nothing, absolutely nothing is as bad as the 9mm vs. .45 controversy!

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    BloodEclipse,

I'm with you on this one. That opens up a slippery slope.

I love the excitement of being detected a thief. I must have a gene that makes me do it.

I'm married but having sex with more women than the one I'm married to excites me. I must have a gene that makes me do it.

I love the sight of blood and even though I am a serial killer please bear with me. I must have a gene that makes me do it.

I like sheep.............

yada yada yada........

34oSc

"taunted for being a lesbian"
    I've explained one type of behavior that invokes the "hate crime" charge, as I said, it's THE motive of the crime.
    It doesn't appear the perps in this case wanted "great sex"...if they wanted great sex they would have sought out a paid professional. Looks to me like the prosecutor(s) might be able to get some more mileage on the sentences by playing the hate crime card...Kudos!
    Metro40...your education is showing! But, taking knuckledraggers thru the double helix is gonna take more than 1 on-line session.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I've explained one type of behavior that invokes the "hate crime" charge, as I said, it's THE motive of the crime.
    It doesn't appear the perps in this case wanted "great sex"...if they wanted great sex they would have sought out a paid professional.

Who cares what they wanted? We punish behaviors, not desires, thoughts or feelings. At least we used to, when the criminal code was used to protect society instead of to erect sacred cows. I do not care a whit what the motive was. If they HAD wanted great sex and snatched a straight women off the street to get it, that would be better? That's moronic.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    You are only given 24 genes that make up your genetic structure

Um, no. You have 46 chromosomes (23 pairs), each of which contains hundreds to thousands of individual genes. Thanks to the work of folk like the Human Genome project we have identified the existence of 31,731 genes.

In addition, it is well known that genetic/choice is a false dichotomy. Many things that are not choice influence the development of an individual (consider, for instance, that even identical twins--spontaneous clones--will generally have a number of physical traits that differ even from before birth. An example is fingerprints).

34oSc

Ahhhh, the hour is late, and I need to catch some z's... but in the spirit of Christmas:
    CarmelHP, I said,"It doesn't appear the perps in this case wanted "great sex"...if they wanted great sex they would have sought out a paid professional"
    You said:" If they HAD wanted great sex and snatched a straight women off the street to get it, that would be better? That's moronic."
    I said NOTHING about snatching a straight woman...I talked about going out and spending a hundred or so with a PRO...a WILLING Whore...It sounds to me like they wanted to taunt and degrade a lesbian; and it sounds to me that is exactly what they did.
    Blood Eclipse...I'm fairly confident that Metro40 is familiar with the phrase "knucledraggers thru the double helix" if it offends your sensibilities you have no idea what is being referred to.
    Good Night, Gentlemen.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Ahhhh, the hour is late, and I need to catch some z's... but in the spirit of Christmas:
    CarmelHP, I said,"It doesn't appear the perps in this case wanted "great sex"...if they wanted great sex they would have sought out a paid professional"
    You said:" If they HAD wanted great sex and snatched a straight women off the street to get it, that would be better? That's moronic."
    I said NOTHING about snatching a straight woman...I talked about going out and spending a hundred or so with a PRO...a WILLING Whore...It sounds to me like they wanted to taunt and degrade a lesbian; and it sounds to me that is exactly what they did.

No, I took your supposition about their intent and extended the reasoning. (I.e.: if raping her because she's a lesbian is worse, then raping without regard to sexual orientation must, therefore, be better). It sounds to me like they didn't want to pay for anything. How about if they just wanted free sex and didn't give a s**t who they got it from. Then it would be better. I just don't see how raping her because she's lesbian (which I don't believe they did, I think she was a convenient victim) is any worse than raping for any other reason.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    rapists are bad guys and if this victim had a personal protection plan, that may have included a firearm and training, or a knife and some training, or pepper spray and some training, or any combination of these AND situational awareness she may have nothing more than a draw down story and a laugh over how fast theey ALL ran away like the cowards they are!

The prosecutor should NOT need any more leverage by calling it a hate crime than the facts of the case and a LOOONNNGGG penalty for the crime. :twocents:

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Metro40 may know "knuckledraggers thru the double helix" means, but I don't know what your implying or saying. I can assume several things, but its best if you just explain it to me using big words and going real slow. That way I know for sure. Maybe a picture or a video would be helpful.

Blood Eclipse...I'm fairly confident that Metro40 is familiar with the phrase "knucledraggers thru the double helix" if it offends your sensibilities you have no idea what is being referred to.
    Good Night, Gentlemen.

Top Bottom