• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    South Bend area
    Are you the guy i talked to? Probably not.

Now that makes complete sense about ammo. The conversation went that he asked about carrying .45 but was told gun had to be .40. Went on to say practice ammo was provided. But mentioned how expensive the defense ammo was. When I asked why the department did not provide that he said he had to buy his own. My guess is that he is just starting the process and misunderstood. Makes sense that the department standardized on a particular cartridge and maybe has a list of approved guns.

What do you carry as a reserve? What ammo is issued? What is the choice of other officers?

Definitely not the guy you talked to. right now I'm in the middle of a 12 month tour in Korea. There's no list of approved weapons, but it must be chambered in .40. Outside of that I'm not going to discuss dept policy in a public forum.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Another flat assertion, also incorrect.
    I don't know what you are doing to get students that wonder and worry all day abouit the grip. I have not encountered such.

Your modified positon saying that as long as the sights are aligned properly and the sight picture is correct when the shot breaks, it will be accurate regardless of how the gun is held is correct. However, gripping the gun correctly facilitates keeping the gun steady and accurately aimed when the shot breaks.

The first, most important shooting fundamental is aiming (sight alignment and sight picture.) The second is trigger control, which is the most challenging to master. The third is how the gun is held, which either facilitates the first two or makes them more difficult. Therefore, a correct grip does affect "where the bullets end up." I don't teach students that it doesn't matter how the gun is held--that aiming (sight alignment and sight picture) is all that affects accuracy. Instead, I put holding the gun in its proper perspective.

I continue to disagree, both here and with your earlier statement, "Grip and stance has [sic] nothing to do with where the bullets end up."

Heminway is correct.

How you grip a pistol doesn't matter for accuracy. It really only aids the speed of follow up shots.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    IN DNR carries the Sig Sauer P220
    311970_248600821847796_147276611980218_664227_1101513055_n.jpg

From: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...18568224.28057.147276611980218&type=3&theater

I'm guessing they're going through a left /weak hand drill. Notice they're using their left hand to fire the weapon and their holsters are on their right side. Not many people practice weak hand so the may explain the bad griping of their weapon. Far as their stance, don't have an answer for that one....

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I'm guessing they're going through a left /weak hand drill. Notice they're using their left hand to fire the weapon and their holsters are on their right side. Not many people practice weak hand so the may explain the bad griping of their weapon. Far as their stance, don't have an answer for that one....

That's pretty much the same thing I said a few posts back and I'm sticking with it. :yesway::yesway:

Top Bottom