• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    This sounds harsh, but police officers are to be held to a MUCH higher standard. Know the basics of the laws you enforce or get out of the business. If you don't like your administration's/state's laws, then go flip burgers.

This is absolutely true. A lot of LEO's on here get defensive when the civilians are harsh about the treatment they receive at the hands of other LEO's. They just don't seem to get that if you are handed the massive authority that we as a society give to LEO's, that those LEO's must be held to a higher standard, as that kind of power tends to corrupt those with a weak moral fiber. And yes, individuals with a weak moral fiber enter into every type of career, even law enforcement.
    The argument could be made that law enforcement tends to attract a higher percentage of individuals of this type simply because they will have more of an opportunity to bully others.

BTW, rep to chasekerion4 for the quote above my response.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Don't worry though, a cracked windshield is cause for you to be asked to give up your fourth amendment rights.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Don't worry though, a cracked windshield is cause for you to be asked to give up your fourth amendment rights.

Good grief... is it REALLY all that scary to JUST SAY NO?

Do we REALLY need the government to protect us from the big mean policeman asking us a question?

Are we REALLY not capable of exercising our rights without government protection and permission?

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Good grief... is it REALLY all that scary to JUST SAY NO?

Do we REALLY need the government to protect us from the big mean policeman asking us a question?

Are we REALLY not capable of exercising our rights without government protection and permission?

Assuming we're talking about the 4th amendment relating to car searches:

Scary, no. Reality, yes.

LEO's need nothing more than a hanging booger to justify "probable cause" and search it anyway. Why **** them off by saying no? If they want to look, you can be sure they're gonna look.

I think if you asked 100 LEO's how often they pull someone over for something super petty, just to "check them out," the vast majority would say "daily" or "all the time."

I'm an oddball.

Personally, I don't mind my car being searched, though it's only happened a couple times and it was when I was younger. I TOTALLY understand a LEO wanting to feel safe during a stop, and also think that their best opportunity to catch bad guys is during traffic stops. There's no doubt more bad guys are picked up on warrants at traffic stops than all other ways combined.

What I don't like is when I'm asked where I'm "headed." That, sir, isn't of any concern to you. That's the one question I can not stand.

Last edited:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Assuming we're talking about the 4th amendment relating to car seraches:

Scary, no. Reality, yes.

LEO's need nothing more than a hanging booger to justify "probable cause" and search it anyway. Why **** them off by saying no? If they want to look, you cna be sure they're gonna look.

:popcorn:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Haha, people make me laugh.
    I did happen to film my co-workers leaving roll call today going out into the community to protect and serve. Forgive the uniforms, we are fit-testing some new class A dress.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJuHUKmh0zE"]YouTube - Chinese People's liberation army marching[/ame]

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I did have the opportunity to be interviewed for a local TV news station about my career.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inHpmhOZFeI"]YouTube - Officer Jackboot Alex Jones - Global Love Cop[/ame]

Here I am testing out my latest pair of Danner jackboots. I LOVE them.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z5jkVTkoVE[/ame]

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Denny347, from your post above and others that you have posted in the past, it is clear that you suffer from a maturity level deficit. You seem to delve into "smartass" answers any time that anyone is the least bit critical of law enforcement. I could easily be a "smartass" in return, but would like the others on this board to hold me in a higher regard. I would think that you would want that for yourself as well.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Holding in the side button of my Treo 755p starts up Call Recorder in Voice Memo mode. Although, I accidentally record myself at times, it is nice to have.

That's a good idea. I keep my Centro handy for that. I've found that I can start it recording, then set it down on my instrument panel, just in case I'd like to record a conversation at a traffic stop (not that it happens a lot).

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Denny347, from your post above and others that you have posted in the past, it is clear that you suffer from a maturity level deficit. You seem to delve into "smartass" answers any time that anyone is the least bit critical of law enforcement. I could easily be a "smartass" in return, but would like the others on this board to hold me in a higher regard. I would think that you would want that for yourself as well.
    Oh just relax, I'm just injecting some humor. I only involve myself when the criticism of my "beloved" profession reaches a certain point. Run of the mill criticism is no biggie, I hear that on a daily a basis. Its when the conversation turns dark (we can do whatever we want, whenever we want aka to lie) that I usually say something. My point to show the absurdity of those kinds of notions...with a bit of humor. Those who know me here know where I'm coming from and what I am about so I have no concerns. If you take this humor as me being a smartass well I am sorry.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    As a lot of you know my husband is LEO and I was as well. He hates to see people OC only because someone inevitably calls in a complaint and then he has to respond. He doesn't CARE if LTCH folks OC it is just a drag for him to have to respond. He would never act like that officer did. He is in the Bloomington area which is not real gun friendly given the liberal slant of the elite members of society there.....

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...only because someone inevitably calls in a complaint and then he has to respond.

Who makes him respond and why? Couldn't/shouldn't the phone dispatch weed out those who are calling in the mere carry of a sidearm and make them aware that this is just fine in Indiana?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Who makes him respond and why? Couldn't/shouldn't the phone dispatch weed out those who are calling in the mere carry of a sidearm and make them aware that this is just fine in Indiana?

If dispatch was able to "screen" calls and only send officers on those runs that are truly a police matter, an officer's workload would be cut in half at the very least. I don't know about the B-ton area but at IMPD if a call comes in it gets dispatched. There are certain things that are broadcast on an FYI basis, but everything else is assigned to an officer. I have been sent on all kinds of runs where the police shouldn't have been called.

Top Bottom