• Make MJ legal?

• Total voters

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    There's already been a poll similar to this, but I'm going to make it a straight yes or no answer.

In the "14 tons of pot found" thread, a member stated that the population greatly leans towards the side of "keep it illegal". And after thinking about it, I'm not so sure about that.

Keep in mind that most of this site is probably conservative, so I'm guessing it will actually lean towards "Keep it illegal", but I could be wrong.

When I say legal, I mean like cigarettes by the way. Heavily taxed, and sold out of gas stations to 18 y/o +. Not legal for only cancer patients or whatever else kinds of illness it helps. Just to clarify. :popcorn:

Last edited:

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I feel it's certainly time to 'de-criminalize' possession of very small amounts for people 18 years of age or older, whether it be in your home or being carried to a friend's house for MNF party. Not saying it should be legal to smoke it in public, necessarliy... but I don't think a traffic stop that turns up 7grams of weed should land you in the slammer, either. Just my :twocents:.....

There are already far worse things, that are, in fact, legal to possess and consume. :cool:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I don't see how someone could claim to want "small government" but then want the Plant Police to chase people around because the Government thinks it can ban things that grow out of the ground. Also, prohibition laws are expensive as hell to enforce. Not very "fiscally conservative" if you ask me.

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    If marijuana were legalized, there's no way it wouldn't be taxed.

Any legislature that actually stones-up and does it is going to make sure they get their slice of the financial pie that results from the legalization.

Poiticians will publicly decry the act of legalizing it, say all the right things about how they were against it "on moral grounds", but secretly will be taking kick-backs and lobbyist money from the newly formed Marijuana growers of North America lobby.

Then, watch your quality go WAAAAAY down!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I don't see how someone could claim to want "small government" but then want the Plant Police to chase people around because the Government thinks it can ban things that grow out of the ground. Also, prohibition laws are expensive as hell to enforce. Not very "fiscally conservative" if you ask me.

There are plenty of things that grow naturally in the ground that can kill you, the fact that it grows, doesn't mean it shouldn't be regulated. The fact that it impairs judgment is what means it should be regulated.

Alcohol was illegal in 1920s, now its one of the most contributed variables to death in the US and close to number 1 in folks under 40. I'm not making a direct correlation, however, a fast paced immature reckless society needs another impairing method like a spare whole in the head.

Devil's Advocate: I'm not completely against pot, and I don't completely agree with the idea of creating laws to fix stupid, or reckless as it is. However this isn't a debate about pot heads that sit around eating cheetoes and watching Big Laboski, on a daily bases I'm around idiots that do something careless, admittedly smoking pot and someone else gets hurt or killed. I do believe in society balance.... just not at the loss of quasi-liberties of others.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    If marijuana is legalize, why does it need to be taxed?:dunno:

It doesn't need to be, but let's face it if they'll put up a "sin tax" on liquor and tobacco products marijuana is gonna get SLAMMED with taxes so that the politicians can look like they're doing their part to curb the trend :rolleyes:

If people want to use marijuana, more power to them so long as any business is still allowed to forbid hiring users, requiring tests etc if it so pleases upper management. Let the liberty swing both ways, and I have no problem whatsoever with it.

fahappy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    NW Indiana
    I say legalize and tax the heck out of it. Put the same restrictions that are in place for alcohol consumption in place for marijuana consumption and watch the revenue flow in.

IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Legalize it, nuff said. How can it have caused no deaths and isn't addictive, yet be Schedule 1 alongside the deadly Heroin? There must be some big reason why the government wants it kept illegal, but the reason in and of itself has it's own secrecy. Spirituality is the clue.

PskHa.png

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    There's already been a poll similar to this, but I'm going to make it a straight yes or no answer.

In the "14 tons of pot found" thread, a member stated that the population greatly leans towards the side of "keep it legal". And after thinking about it, I'm not so sure about that.

Keep in mind that most of this site is probably conservative, so I'm guessing it will actually lean towards "Keep it illegal", but I could be wrong.

When I say legal, I mean like cigarettes by the way. Heavily taxed, and sold out of gas stations to 18 y/o +. Not legal for only cancer patients or whatever else kinds of illness it helps. Just to clarify. :popcorn:
    So far your poll looks like the poster was more than correct. How's that sitting?

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    So far your poll looks like the poster was more than correct. How's that sitting?

Edit: I meant "keep it illegal". :ugh: Sorry about that.

So no, the poster in the other thread *cough, unclemike, cough* ;), was incorrect with his theory. It seems it is WAY overweighed toward the legalize-it side. Even on a conservative forum. I can't imagine what it would be if it was a poll for everyone in the public!:n00b:

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Edit: I meant "keep it illegal". :ugh: Sorry about that.

So no, the poster in the other thread *cough, unclemike, cough* ;), was incorrect with his theory. It seems it is WAY overweighed toward the legalize-it side. Even on a conservative forum. I can't imagine what it would be if it was a poll for everyone in the public!:n00b:

The White House launched a petition page, if you get x amount of people to sign it, they'll 'officially look into the petition'.

Since day #1 this petition has dominated the chart:

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/legalize-and-regulate-marijuana-manner-similar-alcohol/y8l45gb1

Proof it's topping the charts by a landslide:

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petitions/popular/0/2/0/

P.S I know I'm splitting hairs here, we should start calling it cannabis or 'hemp' as Jack Herer suggests. 'Marijuana' is a Mexican slang term and there is a lot of negative energy that goes with the term.

I encourage everyone to read 'The Emperor Wears No Clothes' if you want to learn the truth about cannabis, especially when you're a parent and need to properly inform your children about drug use also the differences between industrial hemp ( and the US history behind it ) and cannabis.

Last edited:

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    grow, cure, roll, and smoke your own...u know what your getting (no additives or preservatives that big tobacco like to use) and it keeps tax collectors out of your stash...

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    If marijuana is legalized, why wouldn't people grow their own and avoid the taxes?

I'm sure some people would - also I'm also pretty sure there would be a limit ( up to 4 plants per se like Amsterdam ).

Although I will tell you, I'm not Dr. Greenthumb but there is no way I could compete with the cannabis offered at dispensaries. I'd just buy it and save myself the trouble trying to grow dank - HUGE time // money // education cost to be able to grow proper clones.

I"ll leave it to the experts - ( Although I do brew beer which seems easier if you ask me ).

Top Bottom