• jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Kut, behold, the stupidity of legislative bodies:

images

Californians will usually lanyard their mag tools to the weapon.

You can even get a bullet button tool as "jewelry":

3772039_05_faster_mag_release_bullet_butt_640.jpg

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who had no clue what it meant. Turns out it is even dumber than anything I would have imagined.

The bullet button is actually an ingenious solution to a problem created by the CA legislature. So don't bad mouth it as it's a lot better than the alternative!

The CA legislature outlawed sporting rifles with removable magazines. They defined removable as being able to be removed without a tool. I am sure their idea was to effectively outlaw the entire idea of a rifle with a detachable/replaceable magazine that we all know and love.

The bullet button was invented by some creative PRO-GUN entrepreneurs who figured out that a bullet, which a person using such a rifle would be likely to have handy, is a "tool" for the purposes of the insane CA law.

Is it a PITA? Yes, absolutely. Will the bullet button remain legal in CA? Probably not! The ever vigilant CA legislature will probably be outlawing that also and the citizens in CA have little recourse.

Note: ?Bullet Button? Let Massacre Shooters Buy Legal Semi-Automatic Rifles « CBS San Francisco

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I thought the bullet button turned the rifle into a fully automatic assault rifle with a high capacity clip?

[video=youtube;HJGB80cSOGE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJGB80cSOGE[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I thought it would be more damming if the weapons were illegally obtained? If they were legally purchased" common sense" gun legislation wouldn't have made a difference.

Either way it demonstrates the fecklessness of gun control. If they were illegally obtained, it shows that people motivated to do harm will find a way to circumvent the law and do what they want anyway. And of course, if the weapons were legally purchased, it outlines the fact that we can't prescribe behavior and think it will outsmart people who want to do bad things. Background checks, for example, rely on mostly arbitrary criteria to attempt to predict which people can't be trusted with firearms. And the background checks get it wrong both ways. It prevents some people from owning firearms when they would do no harm. And it allows some people to own them, who will do harm.

singlemalt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Frankfort
    Once several years ago I thought about moving to CA. Started looking at gun laws, seem at that time different counties had different laws…yikes what a mess to figure out…..looked like my AR would of been illegal and think all guns had to be registered with local ordnance. Also a pistol unloaded in same room as the ammo was considered to still be loaded and thus illegal…..there was so much to learn and know I said screw it I'm not living in that state.

One of the guys I work with was offered a promotion at another company and things were really looking good until they told him he'd have to relocate to CA. He said "No thanks" and walked out. Told me later the gun laws in CA ruined an otherwise very sweet offer but he just wasn't willing to give up his guns for the job.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Californians will usually lanyard their mag tools to the weapon.

Some guys use fridge magnets,

If the 'tool' is attached to firearm in any way it makes it part of the firearm, and therefore illegal. The 'Mag-Magnet' is illegal for use inside CA, and is supposed to be sold with that notice. The Bullet Button Ring is a very good tool and works very well.

(Former CA resident now living in FA)
    I have a new, unused BB if anyone wants one, cheap.

Top Bottom