• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    But I will add on isn't their a legal difference between a privately held company and a publicly traded company. As far as being open to the general citizenry I mean I could walk in to Starbucks in my hi-viz orange shirt and the manager looks at me and says I'm sorry but we can't have you in here with that colored shirt and you need to leave

I can't believe you used the word "colored".

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    They can kick a cop out if they wanted to. Edit-eldirector just duped me.

:gheyhi:Now if you were GOC - gay and open carrying, you might have something. (but only if you were wearing sensible shoes)
    This all might depend on what you're ordering also.

If I owned a store, I would only kick out OCers wearing uncle mike's holsters.

Well I am gay and an open carrier but last time I looked being gay is not a federally protected status. Which in my lifetime I hope it never be comes. I would see that as more government intrusion and them concerning themselves with what goes on in my bedroom/ house. And more gov. Over reaching. Just like the only time race should be asked on an application should be a Dr. Office new patient form, because of genetic disorders and communicable diseases that one group might be prone to getting or it having life threatening side affects from certain drugs

Last edited:

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Now what if you paid for your fru fru drink, then are kicked out before they have delivered it to you ( got a 5 min or so gap there). Can they legally kick you out after entering into a transaction before fulfilling it?

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Most people simply don't understand the concept of discrimination. Legally, the term applies to treating one group that has been defined as a protected class differently than another group (protected or non-protected). If Starbucks asks everyone who carries to leave, there is no discrimination. If Starbucks asks LTCH-holding Hindus to leave but not other religions or those of no religions that's discrimination. See how that works?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    From An Open Letter from Howard Schultz, ceo of Starbucks Coffee Company

For these reasons, today we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer bring firearms into our stores or outdoor seating areas—even in states where “open carry” is permitted—unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel.

I would like to clarify two points. First, this is a request and not an outright ban. Why? Because we want to give responsible gun owners the chance to respect our request—and also because enforcing a ban would potentially require our partners to confront armed customers, and that is not a role I am comfortable asking Starbucks partners to take on. Second, we know we cannot satisfy everyone. For those who oppose “open carry,” we believe the legislative and policy-making process is the proper arena for this debate, not our stores. For those who champion “open carry,” please respect that Starbucks stores are places where everyone should feel relaxed and comfortable. The presence of a weapon in our stores is unsettling and upsetting for many of our customers.

I have been to SB once since this letter. I OCd and no one said anything.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    They can kick a cop out if they wanted to. Edit-eldirector just duped me.

:gheyhi:Now if you were GOC - gay and open carrying, you might have something. (but only if you were wearing sensible shoes)
    This all might depend on what you're ordering also.

If I owned a store, I would only kick out OCers wearing uncle mike's holsters.

Thanks for the genuine LOL, for all three jokes, Duck...especially that last one.

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    OK OK OK I get it and I explained it to my friend. The reason I asked to begin with was I didn't know how to answer his question. Thank you everyone for the expliations. Greatly appreciated....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    OK OK OK I get it and I explained it to my friend. The reason I asked to begin with was I didn't know how to answer his question. Thank you everyone for the expliations. Greatly appreciated....

No...no...no...you must now be subjected to the obligatory INGO dog pile. :):

Top Bottom