Lee Precision Deluxe 4-Station Turret Press Reloading Kit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A_Tomic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Orland, IN
    I would start out with the Lee Breech lock

For the new reloader I would start out like I did a month ago and purchase a Lee (Breech Lock Challenger reloading kit). Then purchase the quick change bushings to install on all of the dies you will be using. This will save you on the adjustments you have to make. You will still have to make some adjustment if you want to load different bullets in the same caliber because they will have different OAL (Over All Length) requirements.

This is a great way to learn the process.... Then if you think you have to get into high production, all you will have to do is get a Turret Press, cause you will have most of the other equipment.

Here are some of my results so far.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...m_and_380acp_reloads_with_range_pictures.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...71904-first_45acp_reloading_range_report.html

I am making 45acp, 9mm and 380acp.
    And I can say that so far it is more accurate than the target FMJ ammo that I was buying. And I can buy Hornady HP/XTP bullets to load and afford to practice with them.

What ever equipment you choose you will enjoy the hobbie.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    You are correct about learning the process , but you can use the turret press as a single stage by removing the auto advance rod . After you have deprimed ,sized and reprimed all the cases you want to process,then rotate the turret by hand to the next station expand each case until all are done then rotate turret .This is were i would charge each case as i put it in the press and seated & crimped the bullet.
    After you are satisfied with tour reloading skills ,re install the index rod and have at it .

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Also, order a bunch of auto-indexing parts, as they wear out quick, but are cheap.

Thread resurrection here. My Classic Turret just arrived yesterday. Got a quick list of which spare parts I should keep on hand? Indexer clamps and index-rod bushings, I assume -- but anything else?

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Thread resurrection here. My Classic Turret just arrived yesterday. Got a quick list of which spare parts I should keep on hand? Indexer clamps and index-rod bushings, I assume -- but anything else?
    Let me check on what I have extra and get back, off hand I think you've got it. Did you get the Auto-disk riser? Maybe a double disk kit, and extra decapping pins...

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Let me check on what I have extra and get back, off hand I think you've got it. Did you get the Auto-disk riser? Maybe a double disk kit, and extra decapping pins...

Thanks! I'm actually buying piecemeal, so all I got this time around was the press itself plus an extra turret. I'm planning to complete it with the Safety Prime, Pro Auto-Disk (with riser, yes -- easy to overlook! -- and the double-disk kit), 9mm and .223 die sets (including FCD for the .223), a balance-beam scale (undecided which one), and whatever spare parts might be recommended. Sound like I'm on the right track?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Thanks! I'm actually buying piecemeal, so all I got this time around was the press itself plus an extra turret. I'm planning to complete it with the Safety Prime, Pro Auto-Disk (with riser, yes -- easy to overlook! -- and the double-disk kit), 9mm and .223 die sets (including FCD for the .223), a balance-beam scale (undecided which one), and whatever spare parts might be recommended. Sound like I'm on the right track?

Right track. Stay away from the cheap Lee balance beam scale. It's one of the few things they make cheap that really are not worth the money.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I have an old Lee classic 3 hole turret press and a single stage thats even older. I use the single stage for my 7MM Rem. Mag. and to deprime/size all cases. I use the Lee hand prime to prime all my cases before reloading. I use the turret press to finish the pistol rounds and my .223. I have the turret set up to charge with powder, seat the bullet and factory crimp the finished case. Some cartridges I do not have the factory crimp die for so I have an empty space. I load for several pistol cartridges and change-over is quick. I haven't bought a more expensive press because I haven't seen a need so far. If you shoot large quantities of ammo at a time it might be worth upgrading. I will recommend buying a nice beam scale. the one that comes with the kit is adequate, but if you step up to an RCBS 2 or 3 poise scale you won't be sorry. They stabilize quicker and are easier to zero. Good luck and enjoy reloading.

Top Bottom