• ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Wait a minute

A shot fired at a gun show! Surely this is a misunderstanding. We all know everybody should be allowed to carry loaded guns at gun shows and those who ignore the rules are much safer than the rest of us!

Now, returning to reality, I just got an email from a friend who went to the Lebanon show. He mentioned some unique purchasing opportunities. There were chances to buy a couple of Colt HBARs. Apparently they were pretty nice because one was $4550 and the other was $5475. Maybe I'll go look for them tomorrow. I'll bet a guy can get both of them for $9K. :D

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Now, returning to reality, I just got an email from a friend who went to the Lebanon show. He mentioned some unique purchasing opportunities. There were chances to buy a couple of Colt HBARs. Apparently they were pretty nice because one was $4550 and the other was $5475. Maybe I'll go look for them tomorrow. I'll bet a guy can get both of them for $9K. :D

Oh, they have quite of few "values" at around $2400. I feel good about the price I sold my AR for. The guy got a fair deal if you consider pre-panic pricing and a great deal if you consider current pricing.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    64   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Took my son and his girlfriend to the show in lebanon, and yes someone did fire off a firearm while we were there and it was a dealer from what i saw??????? also lots of people were carrying around firearms that had no strap on them to show they were checked in too??????? as to price i bought 2 50 cal ammo cans at 15 a piece. if you want to pay 300.00 for a 440 round tin of mosin then your in luck as they have it. 90.00 for 100 rounds of .223 too. needless to say i saw a lot of over inflated prices on ar;s, ak's and sks's. my feelings are that if everyone stopped their panic buying things will get back to normal!!!!!!!!!!! was disappointed in this show myself as they usually ahve a decent show in lebanon.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Took my son and his girlfriend to the show in lebanon, and yes someone did fire off a firearm while we were there and it was a dealer from what i saw??????? also lots of people were carrying around firearms that had no strap on them to show they were checked in too??????? as to price i bought 2 50 cal ammo cans at 15 a piece. if you want to pay 300.00 for a 440 round tin of mosin then your in luck as they have it. 90.00 for 100 rounds of .223 too. needless to say i saw a lot of over inflated prices on ar;s, ak's and sks's. my feelings are that if everyone stopped their panic buying things will get back to normal!!!!!!!!!!! was disappointed in this show myself as they usually ahve a decent show in lebanon.

It was a guy from our side of the table. He picked it up and pulled the trigger. I am glad the dealer was not on the other side of the table standing right there. It would have been ugly. By the angle, I am guessing he would have been shot in the face.

rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    What I saw at the show will be repeated at the 1500 in a few weeks.

Brass AR rounds going for $1 a round, Steel $75. One reloader selling for $.70 a round. Availability was slim and not moving. 7.62x51 Bulk surplus going for $1.3 a round. Other rifle rounds were going for about the same markup.

AR Lowers - Spikes stripped and another no name brands about a total of 10 for $400 a piece. AR Magazines - metal no name $35, Pmags $50, thermo mold crap $40. Glock mags 30 rd ones were $180, other were 50.

AR's lower quality carbines $1,800-$2,200. Tons of revolvers, lever action rifles, shotguns, and bolt guns. A few semi auto handguns, but mostly older crappy ones perfect for gun buy back programs.

The deals I saw. CRKT tan folder $25. New S&W M&P 40 with 2 mags $360 (kicking myself for not buying). Then some pocket 9's (Nano, Kahr, PF9) all about street prices pre Gunarmagedon. I'm sure I missed some great deals on revolvers and a shotgun or two.

There were some nice older .22lr bolt guns that would make a kid happy, and a Glock gen 3 40 long slide that caught my eye. I will make sure to go next year.

I would recommend just a look see if you have $5, time to go and are looking for a revolver/shotgun/bolt gun.

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Luckily I left before the Gun went off. I didn't care for the show. I was just looking for something interesting in a bolt action. I've been to the show in Lafayette and I thought it was a better show. Usually love going to shows just to browse. Didn't seem like there was much to see.

jkershner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    An unquiet solace
    My first gun show ever. If I was rich and in the market or an AR, I probably would have been fairly happy. As it was, there was almost no one interested in shotguns (buying, selling, or trading). on a whim afterwards, I stopped by 500 Guns on 16th St. and traded my Benelli Nova combo for an 11-87 super mag. Just got finished stripping, cleaning, and lubing in preparation for pheasants next week. Yes!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    On another topic, I am quite happy that I was already gone before the accidental discharge. What was the aftermath like? Did the vendor get ejected?

At first everyone stopped and looked. The vendor questioned the "shooter" about how the mag go in the gun. Vendor claimed it was zip tied so a mag could not be inserted. "Shooter" said it was in when he picked it up and he removed it after he discharged it. I did not see an official from the show come over. I stood around for a few minutes, then bought my mag from a table across from him and left the show. I was standing next to the guy when he shot it.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Any reloading supplies? I'd like to get about 2000 small rifle primers but I'm coming up empty from the online sources.

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I was able to pick up a few mags for a few items - and the prices were "ok". Especially since they were in stock, and I didn't have to pay shipping. I felt like I walked away with what I wanted - at a fair price.

I was long gone before the shot was fired. That wouldn't have made me very happy had that happened while I was there. Nice to know nobody was hurt, but still... we don't need that type of press right now.

I was looking for another belt, but there wasn't much there in leather that I saw on the tables. I don't really want to go to the 1500 based upon how busy the Lebanon show was this time. It's the busiest I've ever seen it. Obviously.

68chappy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    went to the show today and yes a round was touched off...couple of tense moments...lots of overpriced guns....came back to town and found same guns at a shop for hundreds less. was fun to browse and see new and old friends. cheap entertainment for 5 bucks

Top Bottom