• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I've never been to the Lebanon show before. Is it worth a drive up from Indy to check out?
    I live in Frankfort and have attended many times. It is normally a pretty decent show, free parking, as I recall about $5 admission. It is on a par with all the smaller town shows like Lafayette, Kokomo, Tipton etc.. In my opinion prices are normally a little lower on guns than Indy, though a few less bargains on ammo. Can't really say what the prices or stock will be this year, last ones I have went to have had mostly higher prices and less stock - to be expected with the current buying panic. Looking around the net yesterday seems to me that the supply of AR parts is starting to be refreshed, did see some uppers for sale - said in stock, and the prices were not much above the pre-panic prices. If you don't have a long way to drive, I would say it is worth the visit, real easy to get to, right off I-65. Due to the much lower admission price and free parking make the trip from much of Indy cost about the same as the 1500, food vendors about 1/2 or less priced compared to Indy - of course a lot less vendors / variety. I have the opposite issue, about 50 mile drive to Indy fairground, high admission and parking cost and $2 cokes makes it hard for me to justify going to the Indy show. I can attend 3 or 4 local shows - Tipton, Lafayette, Kokomo for the fuel, admission, food and parking cost of 1 Indy show - and see more variety and bargains. :twocents:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Thanks, but more of an omlette guy.

So, anyone up for breakfast before the show? Maybe we can trade guns while we eat, sort of pre-gun show gun show.:D

I'd be interested if you're serious.

I'm only 20 minutes from Lebanon, and I've been thinking of going Saturday morning.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thanks, but more of an omlette guy.

So, anyone up for breakfast before the show? Maybe we can trade guns while we eat, sort of pre-gun show gun show.:D

What time? We used to stop at Flapjacks on the way to Indy when my dad was undergoing weekly treatment at the VA. It was the only bright spot of the trips.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ok, I will be at Flapjack's at 8:00AM Saturday morning. PM me and we'll have an INGO Breakfast Club . . . (even rhino is allowed).

Oh . . . and I will have guns for sale too. *whistles*:D

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I haven't been to a smaller show in over 10 years. I might make this one. Never been to it so I don't know if I'll find anything I'm looking for at reasonable prices, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I was planning to go Saturday but work has other ideas. I will be going to Pocket Traders the next weekend though. I have some AR parts I'll be bringing to sell or trade.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'll go. Certainly in search of a few Glock mags, AK mags, and ammo......if any of it can be had at reasonable prices.

When you can still buy boxes at retail outlets for $5 , $1 per round is not reasonable.:rolleyes:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I doubt I'm getting out of bed that early! lol I don't know when I'll go, likely in the afternoon. Looking at buying a shotty off armslist currently....

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Don't bother if you're looking for ammo or mags, they're both insane.

Extremely busy at 1100, had to elbow through crowds.

Long guns aren't too bad as long as they're not semi-auto...

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Don't bother if you're looking for ammo or mags, they're both insane.

Extremely busy at 1100, had to elbow through crowds.

Long guns aren't too bad as long as they're not semi-auto...

Bummer. I was looking forward to the trip down SR 32. I guess I'll just wait for the 1500 for the people watch insanity.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just left. Not crowded. Bought a mag for my Ruger MKII pistol. Not too bad, but everything else I looked at was high priced.

The best thing was when some nimrod touched off a round out of a 10/22 into the back wall right next to me and then seemed dumbfounded that the gun was loaded. Geesh. What happened to treating a gun as if it was loaded and checking to make sure it is unloaded?

Cj52racers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Just left. Not crowded. Bought a mag for my Ruger MKII pistol. Not too bad, but everything else I looked at was high priced.

The best thing was when some nimrod touched off a round out of a 10/22 into the back wall right next to me and then seemed dumbfounded that the gun was loaded. Geesh. What happened to treating a gun as if it was loaded and checking to make sure it is unloaded?

Jeez, would have scared the crap out of me. I may head over there tomorrow, how many dealers?

Top Bottom