• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is either. There are several biographies out there that basically say the same thing.

Unless they released info on current ops, I don't see how this is different from war reporting.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    WikiLeaks are the same PIECES OF **** that tried to blame the U.S. helicopter pilot for killing the two reporters that were grouped with all the insurgents. Don't forget that these pathetic people tried to say the pilots were murderers and ignored the RPG and multiple AK's the guys were carrying.

Wikileaks isn't owned or run by anybody. It's a network of all kinds of people who publish information that people give to them. You can't attribute any particular behavior to Wikileaks, because it's not likely the same people who were involved in this.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    So I am not a military man by any means, but I don't get it. What was leaked? Mission agenda's? Mission tatics? Mission details? I thought war was supposed to be ugly, its WAR for crying out loud. I guess I'm missing why its such a big deal? Can anyone bring me up to speed?

CB45

yes you are right. war is ugly and the uglyness of it is neccessary for victory.
    America is becoming a nation of wimps and whiners. in vietnam all the hippies who were safe at home on their stonned asses were protesting the troops who they called "baby killers" because sometimes there were unavoidible civilian casualties. no soldier wants to kill civilians, but killing the enemy in war (he's trying to kill you) is the number one priority and it should be. theres no morals in war. if i have to kill 10 civilians to kill 100 of the enemy and its my only chance, then guess what? 10 civilians are gonna meet their maker. fact of war.

also if a child is tipping off the enemy to my possition and strength, then is he still a child?? i argue NO. and the reason is because that radio or phone is just as dangerous to me and my brothers as an AK would be. maybe even more, because who knows how many AK's are on the other end of the phone. so his ass is grass, but then you may see a report on the news of some momma crying because her 8 year old baby was killed by the EVIL AMERICANS and he was "un-armed". dont believe the news!!!!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I didn't see the documents on Wikileaks. Anyone got a link to them? I'd like to have copies for :poop:s and giggles.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So basically this is just another exaple of our fine media making an issue of a nonissue. Great. Another fine example of our world today.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I didn't see the documents on Wikileaks. Anyone got a link to them? I'd like to have copies for :poop:s and giggles.
    Here's a link to their "WarDiary" page where things will be posted. They already gave out many of the documents to the media.
    War Diary Page. The War Diary page is rather easy to navigate and you can cut and paste to your hearts content.

You can also download the torrent file via Pirate Bay. It's in CSV format.

Here are some other links to various formats and content, as well.

The data is provided in CSV and SQL formats, sorted by months, and also was rendered into KML mapping data.

It uses the 7 Zip file compression.

Last edited:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Wikileaks isn't owned or run by anybody. It's a network of all kinds of people who publish information that people give to them. You can't attribute any particular behavior to Wikileaks, because it's not likely the same people who were involved in this.

Really???? I am pretty sure Julian Assange is the head guy of Wiki Leaks and the website was run by The Sunshine Press.

Any way you look at it these guys are still the P.O.S. who tried to call American Apache pilots murderers while they also edited the footage to try and take out the insurgents weapons.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Having read through a large number of these released documents I don't see why anyone would be too concerned. They're mostly incident reports and AAR's of no real consequence. They do provide quite a view of what's been going on there, tho. Afghanistan is a dangerous place an we need to GTFO ASAP.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Having read through a large number of these released documents I don't see why anyone would be too concerned. They're mostly incident reports and AAR's of no real consequence. They do provide quite a view of what's been going on there, tho. Afghanistan is a dangerous place an we need to GTFO ASAP.

yeah, its not anything new realy. i hope they tie the military fools who leaked it to a tree and lash them, wait a couple weeks for their wounds to become infected, then shoot them for treason. :patriot:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Exactly. Civilian casulties, while tragic and regrettable, sometimes happen. Look at the Dresden bombings, the fire bombings of Tokyo, the atomic bombs... can anyone imagine the outcry if we had the reporters back then that we do now?

It would have been bad my friend!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

There do seem to be a lot of "Friendly Fire" reports in that document. :dunno: The only one I got from the torrent was the CSV file and Open Office couldn't open all the rows so I didn't get to see all of it.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Some other places are reporting on the content of the documents, too. Looks like there are reports on Bin Ladin (remember him?) and Pakistan's involvement with the Taliban. The more things that come out the less inclined I am to see these reports as a bad thing. Transparency is necessary for the American public to make up their mind on what's going on over there. Too many lies (both overt and by omission) have led to skewed views on the matter. If these documents help bring the day when we are out of there even one day closer, or help change a few minds about the validity of the conflict then I say they're a good thing.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Some other places are reporting on the content of the documents, too. Looks like there are reports on Bin Ladin (remember him?) and Pakistan's involvement with the Taliban. The more things that come out the less inclined I am to see these reports as a bad thing. Transparency is necessary for the American public to make up their mind on what's going on over there. Too many lies (both overt and by omission) have led to skewed views on the matter. If these documents help bring the day when we are out of there even one day closer, or help change a few minds about the validity of the conflict then I say they're a good thing.

And yet there are names, places, identifying information that will help our enemies to identify how we're gathering intelligence and may result in the deaths of people who trusted us to keep their names out of the picture. For every bit of titillation to the anti-government, anti-war (and apparently "anti-Bush" crowd, since none of the documents since our new CiC took over got leaked) groups, there is a trail to our informants, clues to our intelligence gathering, and insight into our situation analyses. If the PFC who is suspected of passing this info on is confirmed to be the leaker, they should put him in a cell _under_ the Leavenworth Military Corrections Facility.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    And yet there are names, places, identifying information that will help our enemies to identify how we're gathering intelligence and may result in the deaths of people who trusted us to keep their names out of the picture. For every bit of titillation to the anti-government, anti-war (and apparently "anti-Bush" crowd, since none of the documents since our new CiC took over got leaked) groups, there is a trail to our informants, clues to our intelligence gathering, and insight into our situation analyses. If the PFC who is suspected of passing this info on is confirmed to be the leaker, they should put him in a cell _under_ the Leavenworth Military Corrections Facility.

Our enemy wipes his ass with his hand after ****ting in the street. I believe you over-estimate his counter-intelligence network.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Our enemy wipes his ass with his hand after ****ting in the street. I believe you over-estimate his counter-intelligence network.

Our enemy is using satellite phones, internet websites, and has a very good grasp of audiovisual media for propaganda. I don't believe I'm underestimating his capacity for counter-intelligence, nor do I believe I'm underestimating his capacity for ruthlessness and vindictiveness.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Ruthless and vidictive no doubt. Using technology does not make one intelligent.

People are already afraid to give us intell for fear of a swift death from the Taliban.

Luckily, they're willing to take the risk for the right price.

I doubt that scenario changes.

Top Bottom