• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    How does that imply dislike of them?

If anything, it shows they care about their soul, appearanty moreso than yourself.
    No, they don't like them, they don't even like other denominations.

They all throw up their arms if I mentioned Bill Johnson, Benny Hinn, TD Jakes, Joel Osteen, etc.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    A scrape of skin contains human DNA, but does not constitute a human being. A Zygote, however, does. Biologically, this is not in dispute - which is why the argument shifts to "living" (again, not really controversial, biologically), or, more likely "personhood".
    Fine. The law is about persons, and the clump of human cells vs body vs being is perhaps to semantical to be useful. When is it a person?

But if we're talking about such an early stage of development, then we've already excluded the vast majority of elective abortions, which happen well after.
    We haven't excluded those cases - if we establish that a zygote isn't a person, then that just shifts one edge of the discussion - an important part of narrowing down what is the acceptable window. The only way we're ruled out those cases is if we come to a conensus that personhood begins at conception.

There are objective standards that could be discussed/agreed upon, but they require breaking the fundamental-difference impasse. That's not going to happen any time soon, so the matter will be a function of the expressed will of the people of each State. That's likely the best we can do.
    That's all I'm advocating for along with perhaps some framework for viewing the discussion.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No, they don't like them, they don't even like other denominations.

They all throw up their arms if I mentioned Bill Johnson, Benny Hinn, TD Jakes, Joel Osteen, etc.
    NOBODY that is a real Christian thinks the Osteens are anything more than a motivational speaker. Look at their sermons. Some of them dont even mention God or Jesus. :scratch: When was the last time YOUR pastor didnt mention either in the sermon?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The cases of non-elective abortion constitute fewer than 2% of the whole. I am primarily interested in the other 98%. To that end, I do not accept the argument that the developing fetus is violating the bodily autonomy rights of the mother by its mere existence in the uterus. The coequal rights of two living, human beings extend at least as far as the developing fetus having the right not to have its life taken from it intentionally.
    I mostly agree with this though I think if we're still arguing about when it's human-enough--that point is mute now with Dobbs, each state can decide that for itself--if one does not believe your way, it follows that the mother would have a say, at least to the point where a consensus exists for when the unborn has a right to exist. But, I agree that at some point the unborn does have that right, and that the bodily autonomy rights of the mother ends at that point.

Do those coequal rights compel the mother beyond that? Some current state laws would say, yes - that the mother is not free to act intentionally in ways that endanger the life of the developing fetus (e.g. drug use).

This brings up some legal inconsistencies that I think have been discussed in this thread. If for the purposes of saying a fetus doesn't have a right to life to say abortion is a right, it's seems in-congruent to have laws that make it a double murder if someone kills a woman who is even a week or two pregnant. Or, endangering the life of the developing fetus. But I suspect those laws weren't widely supported by progressive ideologues.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    NOBODY that is a real Christian thinks the Osteens are anything more than a motivational speaker. Look at their sermons. Some of them dont even mention God or Jesus. :scratch: When was the last time YOUR pastor didnt mention either in the sermon?
    You should see the Trinitarian and Pentecostal having a spiritual discussion in the office about 3 gods vs 1.

They hate each other for 20 years.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    5b662bc2535e3.jpeg
    See! Another valid solution. Now we are getting somewhere. Thats 2 solutions in 1 page.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom